Anyone hear back from FAP yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrKat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called and they said they received my packet last Friday. I know it takes up to ten days, but curious if anyone heard back?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sent in my papers last Thursday, no word ): I just want to submit my application already...

Nope. Mailed my packet out 4 days ago though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to call them in order to find out that AADSAS has received the papers?
or will you see an update on AADSAS saying it has been received?

My usps tracking is showing that my packet was delayed and is in-transit since june 6th. Last update says it left the processing facility in Washington. I'm stuck between whether i should send my paperwork again or wait. Any suggestions?

I mailed out last Wednesday, is calling the only way to verify that they received that packet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I e-submitted my FAP application June 2nd. Mailed the documents the next day, June 3rd. Still nothing. But I saw a thread from the past and they didn't hear anything until the 17th (FAP had a computer problem apparently back then), so if 2014 is anything like this year, then we should probably wait another week until we hear some news.

Relax guys, everything takes time.

I was approved on the 7th. I submitted the FAP application and sent the required documents with second day express mail on the 1st

Reactions: 3 users
I called today and they refused to tell me whether my thing arrived or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was planning to call later today. Guess there's no point.

They said they are reviewing the applications, I'm guessing that's why. You don't want people walking around asking if anyone's got so and sos application lol.

They said they are reviewing the applications, I'm guessing that's why. You don't want people walking around asking if anyone's got so and sos application lol.

Haha that makes sense, but I would just like to know if they received the packet or not.

What is the FAP #? I called using 617-612-2045 but that is the general number for AADSAS? They told me that FAP only has email, is that true?

What is the FAP #? I called using 617-612-2045 but that is the general number for AADSAS? They told me that FAP only has email, is that true?
I'm not sure if there's a number but when I emailed them, they responded within 3-5 days.

202-289-7201 is the number for FAP.

just calm down and wait for the FAP guy, the initial 500$ saving in the primary is nothing compared to the secondary applications, A LOT OF schools waive the secondary fees if you have the FAP. ask them first if they take FAP, if you should pay and get refunded, or wait for them to clear it out.

Just approved today. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Mailed mine on 4th packet arrived on the 6th(usps tracking). It's getting closer to those 10 days. :(

So I just got denied from FAP, even though my family and I fall well below the 300% poverty guideline, but alright then :unsure:

I just want some newssss!!!!

And that's a shame. Did they tell You a reason? You should call them and ask.

I just want some newssss!!!!

And that's a shame. Did they tell You a reason? You should call them and ask.

It is a shame, not only because I had to wait for a decision before e-submitting to ultimately get denied in the end, but also because I honestly didn't think I would get rejected considering we always receive government financial need, need-based financial aid, and even the Pell Grant. In the message it said "decisions are final" so I don't even know if it'll be worth it to argue.

It is a shame, not only because I had to wait for a decision before e-submitting to ultimately get denied in the end, but also because I honestly didn't think I would get rejected considering we always receive government financial need, need-based financial aid, and even the Pell Grant. In the message it said "decisions are final" so I don't even know if it'll be worth it to argue.
It doesn't hurt to ask. The worst that can happen is they say they won't discuss it.

Did you submit all the required documents?

Did you submit all the required documents?

I think they would notify you if you did. But yeah that's odd they declined him because he qualified for everything.

Did your application said that it was received complete before you got an answer? My doesn't and they were supposed to receive it last Friday.
It only says the e-submitted date and under review. :grumpy:

Did your application said that it was received complete before you got an answer? My doesn't and they were supposed to receive it last Friday.
It only says the e-submitted date and under review. :grumpy:

I check my status pretty periodically, and last night I was stuck in your same position. Just e-submit date/under-review, no received complete. This morning when I logged onto AADSAS I was given the denial along with all of the former information filled, so it was all bombarded at me at the same time if that makes sense.

I check my status pretty periodically, and last night I was stuck in your same position. Just e-submit date/under-review, no received complete. This morning when I logged onto AADSAS I was given the denial along with all of the former information filled, so it was all bombarded at me at the same time if that makes sense.
/: thanks for the info.

Mailed mines Friday June 3. Tracked it on USPS and arrived Monday June 6th. Then approved today, Tuesday June 14.

Cheers

Reactions: 2 users
Mailed mines Friday June 3. Tracked it on USPS and arrived Monday June 6th. Then approved today, Tuesday June 14.

Cheers

This is the same timetable as me, but no news yet for me.

For tracking it says delivered to mail room correct?

Got denied today )^: Sent in my packet on 6/2
At least I can finally submit my app haha

It doesn't hurt to ask. The worst that can happen is they say they won't discuss it.

Welp, I did it. I reached out to them via e-mail and they wouldn't even explain the reason for the denial or bother to investigate further so :shrug: I guess that's that.

Got denied today )^: Sent in my packet on 6/2
At least I can finally submit my app haha

That's the positive spin I'm going for as well :p

just calm down and wait for the FAP guy, the initial 500$ saving in the primary is nothing compared to the secondary applications, A LOT OF schools waive the secondary fees if you have the FAP. ask them first if they take FAP, if you should pay and get refunded, or wait for them to clear it out.

Whoah! This is news to me, I was approved for FAP last year and had no clue so I just paid, I'm applying again this year and still waiting on FAP. If I get approved again how should I ask individual schools if they recognize the FAP without sounding like a cheap whiner?

Whoah! This is news to me, I was approved for FAP last year and had no clue so I just paid, I'm applying again this year and still waiting on FAP. If I get approved again how should I ask individual schools if they recognize the FAP without sounding like a cheap whiner?

technically, the government still pays them so it just changes who pays. It is not a cheap whiner. I send an email or call all schools asking if they take FAP for reduced supplemental application fee. and they will tell you.

WOOHOOO FAP WILL WAIVE SECONDARY APPLICATION FEE GUYS

I want to submit my app already. Why can't we submit it and wait for FAP? Such a dumb system. Everyone else is getting news and I'm here refreshing every hour.

I want to submit my app already. Why can't we submit it and wait for FAP? Such a dumb system. Everyone else is getting news and I'm here refreshing every hour.
Same here

For my fellow applicants who have done FAP already, I have a couple of questions for you guys.

Based on AADSAS FAP information tab, it states:

Required tax returns are based on your dependency status and tax filing status.
  • If you were 25 years old before Jan. 1, 1991, you are required to provide 1040 tax forms, W2s, W9s or 1099s for yourself and your spouse, if married.
  • If you were or will be 25 years old on or after Jan. 1, 1991, you are required to provide 1040 tax forms, W2s, W9s or 1099s for yourself, your spouse (if applicable) and your parents/guardians, or a letter of explanation if you are unable to submit all required documents.
So.. I was born in 1989 and am I supposed to send copies of my parents' tax information as well??

I mean.. is it stating that unless you are 50 years old applicant in this cycle, you need to verify your parents' financial information??

Anyone can clarify on this matter?? Thank you for your reply in advance guys.

For my fellow applicants who have done FAP already, I have a couple of questions for you guys.

• If you were 25 years old before Jan. 1, 1991, you are required to provide 1040 tax forms, W2s, W9s or 1099s for yourself and your spouse, if married.
  • If you were or will be 25 years old on or after Jan. 1, 1991, you are required to provide 1040 tax forms, W2s, W9s or 1099s for yourself, your spouse (if applicable) and your parents/guardians, or a letter of explanation if you are unable to submit all required documents.
So.. I was born in 1989 and am I supposed to send copies of my parents' tax information as well??

I mean.. is it stating that unless you are 50 years old applicant in this cycle, you need to verify your parents' financial information??

I think you answered yourself. "It is stating that unless you are 50 years old applicant in this cycle, you need to verify your parents' financial information"

Nope. I called because I am also a bit older and am financially independent of my parents. I was told that if I am 25 years or younger I must send in my parent's info, otherwise just my own. I also included a brief narrative in my packet just to be safe.

*Edit to clarify: I called ADEA AADSAS, and I also emailed FAP. They both gave me this response.

I think you answered yourself. "It is stating that unless you are 50 years old applicant in this cycle, you need to verify your parents' financial information"
I didn't think the info on their website doesn't make sense at all.. so that's why I asked people who are in the same boat as me.

Nope. I called because I am also a bit older and am financially independent of my parents. I was told that if I am 25 years or younger I must send in my parent's info, otherwise just my own. I also included a brief narrative in my packet just to be safe.

*Edit to clarify: I called ADEA AADSAS, and I also emailed FAP. They both gave me this response.
Thank you so much for your input!! :D

I didn't think the info on their website doesn't make sense at all.. so that's why I asked people who are in the same boat as me.
I also submitted it. But I'm use to be using my parents info since I'm under 24.

Sent in my forms last Monday and still waiting to hear back as well... Currently, FAP page only shows date of e-submitted and application status