Anyone hear back from Maryland??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grinder

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed in November and still haven't heard anything...

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed Jan 16th and got accepted about 2 weeks later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, I'm getting no love from Maryland and its my state school...

same here. Interviewed with MD in early January and since then have heard nothing back. Are there any more seats left? What's going on? Its driving me nuttts!!!!!!!

The second deposit for people who have already sent in the first one is due April 1st. They might be waiting until after then to figure out exactly how many confirmed/final seats have been taken before sending out more acceptances.

Just a guess.

I still didn't even hear back from UMB after they sent out some status email in mid-January. I have yet to receive an interview invite.

Does it mean that they are going to reject me?

I may attempt to call their office tomorrow.

i heard that the last interview group is going through in a couple weeks. i interviewed in late january & haven't heard back yet:(

jb!:)

Gosh... I just want to know!! This is driving me insane! Lets all go into the school and sit in the lobby til they let us know, anyone?

i'd doubt that they're full, the class size is pretty big at 130, they might be waiting to see who sends in a second deposit before april 1, then after may 1 or whenever those with more than one school with deposits will be dropped and some more spots could open up.... keep faith

I interviewed at the end of Feb, they said they had a little more than 3/4 seats filled. I hope to hear something soon!

They told you how many were filled? When I call, they always say they don't give out that kind of info.

Members don't see this ad :)
they told him at an interview, thats very different from calling

*bump*

So did anybody hear back from Maryland for an interview?

Is the incoming class already full?

*bump*

So did anybody hear back from Maryland for an interview?

Is the incoming class already full?

i think the consensus is that Maryland is done inviting applicants to interview, but that they are not full yet. At least that's what I'm hoping :scared:

I actually just got a call from them on Friday inviting me to an interview there this Wednesday, so I know they are still interviewing some people.

Well, I'm hoping majority of the out-state applicants goto their state schools and leave room for people like myself :)

i interviewed feb 7 and got accepted feb 21 if that helps at all

you feel depressed?! I got an interview in NOVEMBER and still haven't heard anything.... I'm depressed....

Nothing yet. I believe the school is on Spring Break so I'm guessing they'll start making some final decisions after spring break.

I just called UMD today to see if they have recieved my second deposit. They said yes, and that there wouldn't be much information or anything sent our way until June, as they will be "filling up their class". So from the sound of it, there are still more spots to fill.

Don't give up yet if you haven't gotten in!

I spoke to somebody from the admissions office this morning, and they are not offering any more interviews. So if you have not received an interview offer, you're more likely going to be rejected.

As for the class being filled, I don't know. My friend told me that UMB class of 2011 is 90% filled.

i sent Dr. Meehan an e-mail & this was her reply... take it for what it's worth.

"Thank you for your email and continued interest in our program. At this
time, your file remains under strong consideration. We are in the
process of developing our wait list and you should receive an email and
letter from us early next week asking if you would like to be placed on
our list. I fully expect to make additional offers since our second
deposits are due April 1st."

good luck,

^^ sweet, I guess I will wait and see what they send me in the mail, ...though I will be out of town next week for spring vacation.

^^ sweet, I guess I will wait and see what they send me in the mail, ...though I will be out of town next week for spring vacation.

i don't know how "sweet" it is that we're ending up on the waitlist? at least that's how i interpreted the e-mail.

I noticed that my status just changed on AADSAS for UMD. Thought that those of you who are waiting for an update about your status would wanna know...

I noticed that my status just changed on AADSAS for UMD. Thought that those of you who are waiting for an update about your status would wanna know...

What did your status change to?

I just checked my AADSAS and it still says: "Invited for Interview" No changes here.

mine still says "Invited for Interview" also

what does yours say, goose?

mine still says "Invited for Interview" also

what does yours say, goose?

I was never invited for an interview, but had been still under consideration, until yesterday. It went from "Received/Application Under Review" to "Received/Application Denied". I'm guessing all the riff raff like myself were updated yesterday.

No hard feelings here - I had already gotten into my #1 - Temple. Good luck to all of you!:luck:

Well as my wife says, 'think positive'. Then I tell here I am positive I will be reapplying next cycle :laugh: .

I am glad I have not been rejected...yet. Sometimes no news is good news.

a kid that interviewed on the same day as me got his waitlist e-mail yesterday...

i know someone from last cycle that got an acceptance call the week d-school started so it aint over til its over

Hi!
I'm one of the applicant and I have a quick question. Does anyone know if Maryland accepts French & Italian Literature in translation(English) or African american studies or political science courses as English requirement? Thank you.

Hi!
I'm one of the applicant and I have a quick question. Does anyone know if Maryland accepts French & Italian Literature in translation(English) or African american studies or political science courses as English requirement? Thank you.

lol :laugh: i think you would be better off calling the school than asking a bunch of potential UMD waitlisters :)

jb!

a kid that interviewed on the same day as me got his waitlist e-mail yesterday...

Well, I guess the good news is that our application is still under STRONG consideration, haha....

I just dropped my spot so hopefully one of you will get it. Good luck.

Ok, now that spring break is over, lets see if we'll get any new responses...

I guess right now they're only handing out rejections