SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anyone hear from Boston University?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Epi, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger 7+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Calvin's house
    I was just wondering, did BU send out their acceptances, waitlists yet? I dont think I heard anything from them yet, but maybe I am wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Doctora Foxy

Doctora Foxy Meow 7+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2002
    They sent out a big batch in early Feb, and nothing since as far as I know, Geez, I interviewed on December 4th and I am still waiting to hear something! The interview invitation and acceptablility letter came so fast I really had my hopes up, pero ya no. :(

A more recent interviewee on this board says her acceptable letter stated people would hear in May or June, so don't get too antsy just yet.

Down with BU! (I'm really bitter today, huh! That's because the Kaplan people were visiting my school and made me realize the torture I may have to endure if I don't get in soon!)

4. botticelli

botticelli Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 24, 2001
    the South
    I haven't heard anything yet either. Do you think they are waiting until after May 15th to issue any more acceptances? According to US News, in 2001 they interviewed 963 people, accepted 319, and enrolled 154. Surely they can't have accepted 300 people by this point? :confused:

5. Doctora Foxy

Doctora Foxy Meow 7+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2002
    I bet they have accepted about 200 and will accept more once people start withdrawing. Expect a lot of movement in May. Since it is such an expensive school, people who get into UMass or a higher ranked school or a state school tend to withdraw acceptances---therefore, they have a lot of waitlist movement. It is a good school to be on the waitlist at (I think). However, they haven't even established a waitlist yet, which I think is strange. We're still on the acceptability list.

By the way, has anyone ever heard of someone being rejected post-interview, i.e. NOT getting that acceptable letter?

6. lmm

lmm Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Has anyone called there lately?