Anyone hear from Dartmouth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aoshi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
They've had my app completed for about 2 months now and I haven't heard a peep from them. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

i just heard from them two weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
My app was complete in late August. They finally contacted me to offer an interview in the first week of October. I interviewed there (regular MD) on 10/30.

Havent heard anything from them since. They said that they are very careful about mailing out acceptances and that you shouldnt expect to hear from them anytime soon. I think they like to get a general feel for the applicant pool before they offer anybody a slot. So although they are technically rolling admissions its true that they have are less "rolling" than other schools.

I loved Hanover, great small country town with beautiful countryside. The undergraduate campus is pretty cool, and the DHMC (Dartmouth Medical Center) is probably the best medical center I've ever stepped foot in. They have a pretty small class size (around 80) which appealed to me as well. Take some warm clothes; it was actually pretty mild (around 50 degrees) when I was there, which they said was definitely warmer than average for that time of year. Hanover is a little displaced from the easiest forms of transportation. I flew into Boston Logan and got a rental car. Hanover is about 2 hours away from Boston. You can fly into Manchester or Lebanon, but it will cost you quite a bit more. It was cheaper for me to fly to Boston and get a rental car than trying to fly into either of the smaller regional airports. Good luck, you will absolutely love Dartmouth if you are into outdoors activities like skiing and like the small town environment.