Anyone hear from NYU in the last 2 days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfdoc8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, acceptance/waitlist/rejection? When did you interview? Please let me know, Im still waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed the second the week of Jan; thought I would hear by now! I'm going to call on tuesday if I dont' hear. Hang in there!!

rejection. today.
but i got into einstein today too!!!! sweet!

Members don't see this ad :)
myodana said:
rejection. today.
but i got into einstein today too!!!! sweet!

Hey, great news about Einstein, congrats!!!

I'm not expecting to get into NYU either (worst interview ever), though I did like the school quite a lot.

Denied 2/19 too! But, got into Robert Wood yesterday! :D

sweetpeamd09 said:
Denied 2/19 too! But, got into Robert Wood yesterday! :D

are these rejections pre-interview or post-interview? thanks

Rejected today pre-interview, oh well

got the big old rejection today too. (pre-interview)

dandelion said:
Hey, great news about Einstein, congrats!!!

I'm not expecting to get into NYU either (worst interview ever), though I did like the school quite a lot.

hey, at least you got one :) but i'm not too upset. i have been expecting it for almost a month, once i realized they stopped interviewing at the end of january. oh well. :oops:

myodana said:
hey, at least you got one :) but i'm not too upset. i have been expecting it for almost a month, once i realized they stopped interviewing at the end of january. oh well. :oops:

Sorry to hear that people. Did anyone that got rejected have an interview? I interviewed a few months back and have been waiting to hear. No word yet, but I think they sent me a letter (I fear its a rejection as well, but curious what the outcome for those that interviewed has been).

jdovez said:
Sorry to hear that people. Did anyone that got rejected have an interview? I interviewed a few months back and have been waiting to hear. No word yet, but I think they sent me a letter (I fear its a rejection as well, but curious what the outcome for those that interviewed has been).

same here, I wonder when they will let everyone know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rugger81 said:
got the big old rejection today too. (pre-interview)

ditto :(

Rejected Today Pre-Interview..

I received a rejection by email back in December pre-interview. However, NYU was nice enough to send another rejection by mail today. Just to make sure I knew I wasn't good enough, I guess.

rejected too (pre-interview). oh well.

rejected too... I guess my spoon was too big.

my_spoon_is_too_big.jpg

3rd_i said:
rejected too... I guess my spoon was too big.

my_spoon_is_too_big.jpg

JAJAJAJAJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I AM A BANANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ps: rejected yesterday........ my 3rd rejection.....yeaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!

I still haven't heard back post-interview. Has anyone heard post-interview these past few days? Any post-interview rejections? Should I be nervous? If you guys know anything...please respond!!!!!!

:confused:

golfdoc8 said:
I still haven't heard back post-interview. Has anyone heard post-interview these past few days? Any post-interview rejections? Should I be nervous? If you guys know anything...please respond!!!!!!

:confused:

I haven't heard back post interview either. It seems like all they did was reject people pre-interview.

blz said:
I haven't heard back post interview either. It seems like all they did was reject people pre-interview.

Hey blz and golf.....when did you guys interview? Do you have any idea when we should hear back? I called to update my information last week (I moved) and I asked when I might hear. The woman said they are sending letters tomorrow (2/15). However, I still have not received anything......boy waiting sucks.

Where is my damn letter? GRRR :scared:

blz said:

I interviewed back in october, so I'm expecting a waitlist or a rejection given how long ago I interviewed.

i haven't heard back post interview either. i interviewed on dec 8th or something around there. i really thought (hoped) we'd hear with the mailings that went out on the 15th. i thought i had a really good interview there but maybe i was wrong...

Interviewed in mid-November. Expecting a waitlist or rejection, too, since it's been so long. Need some closure damnit!

CarleneM said:
i haven't heard back post interview either. i interviewed on dec 8th or something around there. i really thought (hoped) we'd hear with the mailings that went out on the 15th. i thought i had a really good interview there but maybe i was wrong...

I also had a good interview....guess it doesn't count for much.

it has officially been ONE WEEK since those stupid letter were supposed to go out and my mailman is developing anxiety attacks from me harassing him. WTF!!!! this is ridiculous, just FREAKING TELL US THE BIZNICHT!! I am out of patience with this whole process and I'm of a mind to start calling inside lines to the Dean's office. GRRR!!! +pissed+

I called yet again today to ask about the letters... (Boy am I a harrasser....) Anyways, once again after informing the lady I interviewed in late Jan and asking when I can expect to hear, she said ALL letters went out last week. So what the hell is taking so damn long is my question!?

7 days later and still nothing in the mail. There is no way it would take over 7 days to get a letter sent here (NJ) from NYC.

Hey all,
so this is the skinny I got from NYU:

Final Decisions were made on Feb 14th, as in: they pretty much set their class and waitlist.
Letters went out last week, starting Feb 15th.
Got my waitlist letter today dated Feb 18th.
If you haven't heard yet, they're on their way...

I know it's not too much comfort, but hope that helps!

:D

I still haven't gotten a letter yet. Is this good or bad?

i got a big fat rejection yesterday, but I was expecting that since I hadn't gotten an interview invite.

golfdoc8 said:
I still haven't gotten a letter yet. Is this good or bad?

I'm still in the same boat. I think its difficult to say with any certainty whether it is good or bad at this point. I have not heard of any acceptances from the current batch of mailings, but then again, I have not heard of any POST interview rejections either......I guess the wait continues....

Waitlisted.... :(

On that previous note, does anyone know if they even reject post-interview? Something tells me they don't....

rugirlie said:
On that previous note, does anyone know if they even reject post-interview? Something tells me they don't....

I think I remember from threads in previous years that they do reject post-interview.

2/22 Rejected, eh what can you do? :rolleyes:

waitlisted today.....(Dec. interview) :(

turkeymou said:
waitlisted today.....(Dec. interview) :(

Still no letter, but it appears the proverbial writing is on the wall.....

waitlisted.... :(

anyone have any info about how their waitlist movement is? I'm sure it's all screwy this year since they are on AMCAS.

do you know when we should first hear from them regarding money matters if we did get in?

the1111gal said:
do you know when we should first hear from them regarding money matters if we did get in?

Did you get in since this thread has been up?? Trying to see if there have been ANY acceptances since last week....

man.. looks like nyu sent them out in batches.. rejections late last week... and the waitlists are now rolling in..

Waitlisted today...I know that applications were way up because of AMCAS (8000+), but when I interviewed we were told they weren't interviewing many more than in past years, which I think had been around 800. In past years, they have offered admission to about 400 students, so if they actually reject people post interview(?), you'd think our chances are pretty good of getting off the waitlist? I would expect some people are probably holding spots who would go to a non-rolling school instead, but haven't yet heard back (ie Columbia etc).
The letter states they can't estimate chances, but I am wondering if anyone has called and asked if they'll give me anymore specifics or details about how they do it? Any idea who is the current dean for admissions? I just read somewhere that Dean Brienza recently retired and was replaced by Dr. Genieser, but he was there when I interviewed in January.
It is my first choice, anybody have any suggestions for trying to get off the waitlist.

Drdrums said:
Dean Brienza recently retired and was replaced by Dr. Genieser

From what I hear, this is why NYU is now in AMCAS....they are trying to modernize

recieved waitlist letter in the mail today..... :(

!!EDIT!! My letter was NOT addressed to me. The envelope had MY NAME however the letter istelf was directed to someone else... (NOT EVEN OF THE SAME GENDER OR FROM THE SAME STATE!) NYU is officially on my **** list

You can add me to the growing list of those waitlisted. However, I am not too surprised since I interviewed back in October. Hopefully we'll get some movement since it really is an awesome school.