Anyone hear from PCOM, CCOM, KCUMB, VCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pappy846

MS-.8 KCUMB 2011
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...I submitted my things to these schools at the end of july. If any of you have...have you heard anything back? Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

pappy846 said:
Hey all...I submitted my things to these schools at the end of july. If any of you have...have you heard anything back? Thanks...

I submitted first day and have heard from all of them. If it has been a while, contact them directly.

Packamylase said:
I submitted first day and have heard from all of them. If it has been a while, contact them directly.

Youve heard from them in interview invites? or just secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
DCDAWG said:
Youve heard from them in interview invites? or just secondaries?

Just secondaries on all of them. I haven't submitted KCUMB nor VCOM's secondary yet.

Packamylase said:
Just secondaries on all of them. I haven't submitted KCUMB nor VCOM's secondary yet.

just curious when did you get a secondary from vcom?

oh I've received secondaries and submitted them...just wondering about interview invites. thanks though. :D

pappy846 said:
oh I've received secondaries and submitted them...just wondering about interview invites. thanks though. :D

I think there's a thread where everyone is listing their interview invites.

pappy846 said:

that post was really in response to lamborghini's question.
however, i spoke to meghan at VCOM and she said the will invite people for interviews after all the early decision appliants have been processed. her guess was late Sept to early October for the rest of us.

Did anyone mention the Costin Institute for the CCOM secondary, its seems quite appealing and unique...

I had not received anything from KCUMB (no secondary), so I called to check the status of my application. The lady put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back she said, "We have decided to offer you an interview, you should be getting the paper work shortly". I asked if they were planning on sending my secondary with the interview invite. She seemed puzzled, and said that they had on record that it was sent two weeks prior. To make a long story short, call and check with them.

Did anyone mention the Costin Institute for the CCOM secondary, its seems quite appealing and unique...

I didn't because the Costin Institute offers educational programs for current osteopathic medical educators looking to take on more administrative roles (they have tracks that help aspiring residency program directors, medical education directors, etc...). Personally, I'm just worried about getting into a school and then earning the D.O. degree and attaining the residency of my choice. Becoming involved in academia is far down the road for us, should we desire to pursue that goal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive got an interview at Kcumb on the 26th of september...anyone else?

can I ask why?

also does anybody know if Kansas city interviews on Fridays? I need to reschedule

I haven't decided yet, but:

* Course PreReqs: I'm short in hours that they require and was not planning on going back to school to make that up. I was aware of this when I applied.

* Schedule Issue: I'd prefer to interview on Friday (due to work schedule). If they switch you to Friday please let us know.

* $1000 deposit.

* I haven't filled out the secondary and I'm burned out on secondaries.

On the positive side, I do like the various scholarships they offer. My fear is what if KCUMB happens to be my dream school and I won't find out unless I actually go interview there.

I interview at KCUMB on Sept. 28(im hoping this is early since they are definately one of my top choices)

I received a KCUMB invite in the mail Satuday (8/26) for an interview on 9/14! I have been complete for some time though.

for those of you who have received interviews at KCUMB...two questions:

1) How long have you been complete at KCUMB

2) How did you receive the invite (snail, e-, phonecall)?

Thanks! And good luck to you all.:thumbup:

I am a first year at KCUMB and I received an interview before I submitted the secondary. I didn't interview until January and the class was only half full. Our class is huge--268. They only interview about 600-650 out of about 2500 applications. If you get an interview and you are normal you are pretty much in. A little plug for my school... I love it here. The students and faculty are awesome. Don't be intimidated by the area. It's not that bad. If you get in you should come here for the white coat ceremony alone!! It was amazing. I know other people at other schools and theirs weren't nearly as cool. This school cares about every single one of their students. Oh, by the way, I was short on pre-reqs. too. You can take classes online to fufill them. It is very doable. Good luck everyone!!

p.s. We had our first quiz today and I still feel this way.

Hey all!! I'm the OP...I just received my invite to interview at KCUMB 9/26 :D

Now I'm in a bit of a tight spot.

Interviews: AZCOM 9/22, WVSOM 9/25, KCUMB 9/26....hmmmmmmmmmmm. My dialysis patients aren't going to remember me when I come back :(

why alone? and another question, did you have any other acceptances? and if yes waht made you choose KCUMB?
thanks

To answer your question. I was also accepted at WVSOM. I didn't hear from KCUMB before the WVSOM interview so I went. A couple days after I got back I heard from KCUMB and withdrew all of my other applications/interviews. I don't know. I knew very little about KCUMB before the interview but when I got her it just fit. I am interested in pathology and the pathology instructor is amazing. I also liked that it was easy to get here, as opposed to WV. I liked the fact that the board scores/passing rate was high and that you have the option to stay in KC or go somewhere else for 3rd and 4th year rotations. I just knew it was the right place for me.

Hey I have an interview on Sept. 28th too! Have you heard any good advice?

I just got an interview at KCUMB on Sept. 11th!!!!