Anyone Hear from Pitt Lately

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!,
I interviewed on January 16th, and still have heard nothing... tommorrow is the 6 week mark so I'm getting nervous. No news is good news, but has anyone else who interviewed around that time heard anything yet?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the 23rd of January. I called Pitt today and they said my app was going to committee this week or next week, so I should hear in about two weeks. I don't know if you can assume that you'll hear a week before I do, so I would just call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, Pitt's admissions office receptionists are really nice. Assuming it's the same every week, the adcom meets on Wednesdays. I think if you get in your interviewers are notified by a letter in their mailbox and it's up to them to email you. So, if you do get reviewed on Wednesday and don't hear back immediately, don't fret - I didn't hear from my student interviewer until that Sunday and my faculty interviewer didn't send her email until Monday. Plus, some people don't hear back from their interviewers. The actual letter came during the middle of the following week.

Good luck! :luck: :luck:

Thanks!

I think ill postpone my call to thursday then! Ugh, the Pitt waitlist thread stresses me out, theres so many poeple fighting to get in off the waitlist. It would be so nice to get in!

I interviewed on the 23rd of January. I called Pitt today and they said my app was going to committee this week or next week, so I should hear in about two weeks. I don't know if you can assume that you'll hear a week before I do, so I would just call them.

Hey, we were in the same interview group. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one still waiting.

I called them today and said that a decision had been sent through the mail. Does mean it is certianly a rejection/waitlist, or would have have told me if it was an acceptance on the phone... Ahh more waiting.

Got a waitlist letter today. Interviewed about 7 weeks ago.

Still waiting - if you were the week before me, I should expect something next week. This is killing me.

I interviewed on the 16th too! But I haven't heard anything yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think severus, if i had been accepted would they have told me when i called?

They typically won't communicate your status over the phone. For some applicants, they receive e-mails from their facutly and/or student interviewer before the decision letter arrives. Good Luck! :luck:

After reading this, I freaked and called them... They told me that i should be hearing within the next few days...

I hate the application process.

Interviewed Jan.17, received waitlist letter today, oh well.

just recieved my waitlist letter as well.

Writting this one off as a rejection. The Pitt waitlist thread is filled with poeple way more motivated than me to work to get off the waitlist.

Goodluck all

My interviewer sent me a nice email telling me I was in and they hope I end up there!

RAIST - when did you interview bud?

Im sorry to hear that quix. Maybe when this is all over we can get a group therapy rate for all the pittsburgh waitlisters.

For me the pitt waitlist is at the top of my "painfull medical school moments"

yeah sorry quix - my app went to committee today (from what the admissions lady told me) and i am probably reading into it but when she told me that i felt like she was looking at a computer screen that said i was waitlisted... but then again i could be crazy and she may not even have access to that information. the waiting is killing me - especially considering Pitt is my ONLY interview

anyone get email acceptances today?

:( :(

Got the accept letter in the mail today, yay, reversing a string of waitlists, maybe if I put it under my pillow tonight the SDN fairy will turn it in to more than one.

GL everyone.

EDIT: Interviewed 2nd half of January.

Got the accept letter in the mail today, yay, reversing a string of waitlists, maybe if I put it under my pillow tonight the SDN fairy will turn it in to more than one.

GL everyone.

EDIT: Interviewed 2nd half of January.

did you get emails from your interviewers, or just the letter?

sorry to hear that quix. i interviewed the day after you, and i've yet to find out - but i haven't recieved the faculty/student email so i'm assuming WL.

just got the rejection letter in the mail today... sucks. no waitlist either?? i guess they do not basically waitlist everyone they don't accept... so that is probably good for guys like you quix...

Is there a difference is status between a letter from Pitt that said "on hold" as opposed to "waitlist"? Is there a real difference between these two things? Presumably Pitt will send another letter to those 'on hold' that says yes, no, or waitlist. Any ideas when this happens?

mine says waitlist, doesn't everyone's say waitlist?

Did anyone hear from Pitt today? Evidently mine was going to committee ....

I interviewed around Feb 20th and finally called today to ask about my status. The admissions woman said my application is still under review, which is better than waitlist/rejection I suppose, but the waiting is terrible!

I got a waitlist letter from Pitt today. I thought my interviews went pretty well, and I think part of the reason I was waitlisted is how late I interviewed.

I got a waitlist letter from Pitt today. I thought my interviews went pretty well, and I think part of the reason I was waitlisted is how late I interviewed.

ryandote, when did you interview?????
i interviewed on Feb 14th and haven't heard anything yet..

got the waitlist letter today. interviewed first week of feb. does anyone know if there is much movement from the list?

Has anyone heard anything new?
I interviewed on Feb 20th and I haven't herad anything yet.
:confused:

Has anyone heard anything new?
I interviewed on Feb 20th and I haven't herad anything yet.
:confused:

I am still waiting to hear back from them after interviewing on January 8th. I called them (twice actually), and they told me the second time I should hear this week. Hopefully, it's good news :)

I am still waiting to hear back from them after interviewing on January 8th. I called them (twice actually), and they told me the second time I should hear this week. Hopefully, it's good news :)

yeah, i interviewed feb. 26 and when I called today, they said it would be another 4 or 5 weeks before i hear. what!? i'm assuming there's no chance for acceptance, since that would be after their second look...hope you get some good news, amish42!

Amish, that is, without a doubt, one of the most disturbing avatars I've ever seen.

Nothing new to report, since many of us are in waitlist limbo until at least May. Still doing data collection for my studies, doing final revisions for the nephrology textbook, and am now starting on the Oxford stuff. w00t.

Amish, that is, without a doubt, one of the most disturbing avatars I've ever seen.

Nothing new to report, since many of us are in waitlist limbo until at least May. Still doing data collection for my studies, doing final revisions for the nephrology textbook, and am now starting on the Oxford stuff. w00t.

Well, they finally broke their silence today. I'm joining the waitlist crew, which really isn't that bad since like at least half those kids on the official acceptance list seem like they will head elsewhere. Good luck to those still awaiting decisions :)!

Oh and yeah I just hit random on the Create your own M&M website and when that M&M came back, I knew that I had to save it because that is how I envision myself looking in like 30-40 years. :laugh:

They're still interviewing - I was in the Dept. of Critical Care Medicine and when I was leaving, there were people sitting in the office on 5. I wonder if all of these interviews are just for the waitlist at this point.