Anyone hear from RWJ recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beponychick

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone get a call from Dr. Terregino yesterday or today??? I know I should be patiently waiting (since my interview was early december) but you never know. Please post if you received a wonderful chrismas present, and for all those waiting, good luck!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

zahque said:
i'm still waiting to hear from dr. t as well. i know the committee last met on december 16th, and does not meet again until early january.

I thought they meet every week? No? Is it once every two weeks on a thursday?

Members don't see this ad :)
beponychick said:
I thought they meet every week? No? Is it once every two weeks on a thursday?

yeah. no word here either, interviewed mid nov.

I actually got a letter from Dr. T on Dec 16th. Almost gave me a heart attack cuz I thought it meant rejected or waitlisted. But it was actually a letter stating that a decision regarding acceptance or waitlist would be made soon and that they'd soon be in touch. But that was about 9 days ago, so I'm assuming we'll hear something this coming week or after new years. Btw, I interviewed 3rd week of Nov and am in-state. Happy Holidays everyone!

I still haven't gotten an interview or decline notice, and I'm in-state :( what's up with that?

no interview yet, :(

i interviewed in october, still nothing. they said the next meeting is january 5th, so expect something after that.

I'm in-state, have above average stats for their acceptance standards, have been complete since October, and still haven't gotten interview. wtf? I called I think like 3 weeks ago to check up and they told me I'd be hearing from them soon, but haven't yet. not cool! i mean come on, SUNY downstate gave me an interview and i'm out of state for them.

Last edited:
I interviewed mid-september, then got the "accepted or waitlist and should hear soon" letter mid october.

Its been two and a half months already! Soon my ass :mad:

I called two weeks ago and the woman told me to just wait till January without even bothering to check my file.

I'm not very happy with RWJ at the moment :mad:

Honestly, I share ya'll feelings towards RWJ.
I interviewed there early Nov (by then I had already interviewed at 7 schools, dont know what took them so long to invite me for the interview).
I am in state and my stats are above average for them.
I had an interview with them and it went really well, but also have the feeling they are taking way too long.
They took too long to review file to give interview invite, and now too long for the acceptance/wait list.
Not to mention I've already been accepted by 3 schools and have gotten a half-tuition scholarship from one.
I'm def not that happy with RWJ right now and that will def play a role when deciding whether to go there or not (if I get in that is).
Well guys, sorry for ranting, Good luck to us all.

yikes. i guess i will be waiting to hear for a loooong time!!! I interviewed dec 6th but my interviewer evaluation was in my file that same day... i was hoping to hear before the luncheon, but i dont think that will happen... oh well. good luck guys!!!

roca88 said:
I interviewed early November, and have heard 0. So I called about a week ago and this lady just casually says 'oh...they're going to look at you early January so expect to hear something...mid-January.'

Just to give my moment of complaining, I think it is more than ridiculous to have to wait this long. They have everything they need and the interview information--waiting ANYTHING longer than 4 weeks at absolute max does not make any sense to me. Can anybody possibly figure out what could take so long to just review someone? I know someone from my undergrad who got her acceptance 3 weeks post interview and interviewed mid-October. Here I am going on 8 weeks now, and I haven't even been reviewed. My interviewers were all smiley and said how great I am too, but nothing. Even if it's bad news, these people should realize how much each individual decision matters to each person, especially in-state students who want to go there, and get those decisions out as early as they can.

...And of course, going by what the lady I talked to said, it looks like even if I get in I'll be missing that Jan. 6 luncheon since I'll be reviewed 'in early January' anyway let alone get an acceptance. That probably goes for the rest of you who have not heard from them at this point in time.

You have to take into account that most people are busy with the holidays right now. You don't expect the Admissions Office to work on Christmas, do you? I'd say the office would slow down for Thanksgiving and Christmas so take off 2 weeks for that and you're down to 6 weeks. They meet once every couple of weeks so if you just missed the last meeting then you have to wait for the next cycle. I had to wait exactly 9 weeks for my acceptance to RWJ (interviewed mid October, heard back Dec 16). Don't worry, be patient, and things will come along.

They'll be having an accepted students luncheon on April 22 and another in June so you can always go to those. Plus side to that is you'll be meeting more people who are actually enrolling at RWJ as opposed to those who are just checking it out in January.

Last edited:
roca88 said:
Anybody know if the RWJ committee meeting is this Thursday (January 5)? Or has anybody gotten the acceptance call from them or any other type of notification since the holidays?

i was told jan 5 is a committee day.

The committee meets the first and third Thursdays of the month, so that means the 5th and 19th for this month. From the accepted thread it looks like no one who interviewed in Nov heard back in Dec, so Thursday should be your day! I interviewed on Nov. 29 so I'm figuring I'll have to wait until at least mid Jan, but hopefully they go through a lot of interviewers this week!

Good Luck everyone!

Does anyone know when RWJ rejects (pre-interview)? Im out of state so not really expecting one...