Anyone hear from Southwest Baptist DPT yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOState22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone has heard from Southwest Baptist yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I was just curious if anyone has heard from Southwest Baptist yet?

Got a letter in the mail few weeks back stating that they will wait until January to make a decision on my application since i m still have ongoing classes this semester (fall)
You did not get any communication from them at all? When did you submit the application!?

Got a letter in the mail few weeks back stating that they will wait until January to make a decision on my application since i m still have ongoing classes this semester (fall)
You did not get any communication from them at all? When did you submit the application!?
I submitted at the beginning of October and have heard nothing. When did you submit yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted at the beginning of October and have heard nothing. When did you submit yours?
I submitted my application in Sep. as I stated before, I did not get any e-mail or phone calls from them.. Just a mailed letter a little over 1 month after the submission.

I submitted my application in early september. I got a letter in early October saying my application is on the alternate list. They stated the reason due to me taking a pre-requisite course this semester.

I submitted my application to them fairly recently, and just received a letter in the mail stating that I am on the alternate list due to outstanding pre-reqs.

Same

I also applied to SBU 10/2 and have yet to hear anything. I'm wondering if they'll start sending out letters at the beginning of December ?

I also applied to SBU 10/2 and have yet to hear anything. I'm wondering if they'll start sending out letters at the beginning of December ?
I applied on 9/29 and have yet to hear anything either, which kind of worries me considering others in this thread have received letters back. I also have a friend that applied maybe a week before I, and he received a letter a good while ago about being on the alternative list. Would it be ok if I gave them a call? Or should I just be patient?

I applied on 9/29 and have yet to hear anything either, which kind of worries me considering others in this thread have received letters back. I also have a friend that applied maybe a week before I, and he received a letter a good while ago about being on the alternative list. Would it be ok if I gave them a call? Or should I just be patient?
Do you have any outstanding classes to be taken!? As it seems they only send letter to applicants with outstanding items ( based on what I read from last year forums)

Do you have any outstanding classes to be taken!? As it seems they only send letter to applicants with outstanding items ( based on what I read from last year forums)
I am finishing my second chemistry this semester. That is all I lack.

I am finishing my second chemistry this semester. That is all I lack.
Hmm.. You can always send a quick e-mail to double check they got your application. It dosnt hurt!

I have been placed on the waiting list! :( Hopefully I can impove something before its too late, so I can get accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been placed on the waiting list! :( Hopefully I can impove something before its too late, so I can get accepted!
I know the feeling... But at least you did not get a rejection.. With the waitlist at least there is still some hope.. How many other schools did you apply to? And any luck from the others ?

Still on the alternate list. Praying I can get in now that I have finished course I needed. This is my top choice!

Hoping to hear something again pretty soon. Was still lacking a couple of classes before the academic update. Hoping for something positive now that I have finished those.

I have not but that is because I still have classes that I am taking this semester :-/
Did they notify you with a letter saying:
We currently need the following to complete or update your application: classes needed.

Has anyone heard from them who wasn't on any list or needed to finish. Course? I got the mail about them receiving my application and it being in review. Just wondering

Did they notify you with a letter saying:
We currently need the following to complete or update your application: classes needed.

I have not received a letter yet, but I had emailed them and they said unfortunately I would not be moving off the alternate list due to in progress course work. They do a worst case scenario so every course you haven't completed they assume is a C in your GPA calculations

I have not received a letter yet, but I had emailed them and they said unfortunately I would not be moving off the alternate list due to in progress course work. They do a worst case scenario so every course you haven't completed they assume is a C in your GPA calculations
:( I see. I got that letter when I first applied in September.. that's kinda weird that they do that. I hope I can at least get off the alternate list. Best of luck to you.

:( I see. I got that letter when I first applied in September.. that's kinda weird that they do that. I hope I can at least get off the alternate list. Best of luck to you.
are you still taking classes?

Oh I see! I did get that letter shortly after I applied, but I haven't received it again since the AU. Hope that makes sense. The email response from them stating I was still an alternate was fairly recent. Best of luck to you too!!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard anything since the academic update?

Anyone heard anything out of SBU recently?

If anyone already got in and is looking for housing please message me, and for those that are still wait-listed don't give up. They still accept people up until orientation.

Sincerely,
SBU DPT '16