Anyone hear from Temple after last rounds of interviews on March 5th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Has anyone heard from Temple after the last round of interviews on March 5th? I know they said 2-3 weeks for most but was curious if anyone heard yet. Also, did they let us know whether we would be notified by mail, email, or phone of an acceptance? Any answers are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Temple after the last round of interviews on March 5th? I know they said 2-3 weeks for most but was curious if anyone heard yet. Also, did they let us know whether we would be notified by mail, email, or phone of an acceptance? Any answers are appreciated.
i interviewed during that last round. havent heard anything yet but im pretty sure they were on spring break last week. i think, if you are accepted carp will email you...although i could be wrong.

how many spots do you think there are? i was blown away by the number of people who interviewed. i dont understand why they brought so many in.

also, what did u think of the program? everything seems cool to me but i was a little disappointed with the way in which they conducted interviews. i was only able to answer 2 questions, with no real opportunity to show my interest in PT and temple

I found out via snail mail. The letter was sent out less than two weeks from the interview. I was part of a very small session for folks who had to reschedule due to a snow storm so it may have been faster than usual. Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed during that last round. havent heard anything yet but im pretty sure they were on spring break last week. i think, if you are accepted carp will email you...although i could be wrong.

how many spots do you think there are? i was blown away by the number of people who interviewed. i dont understand why they brought so many in.

also, what did u think of the program? everything seems cool to me but i was a little disappointed with the way in which they conducted interviews. i was only able to answer 2 questions, with no real opportunity to show my interest in PT and temple
I'm not sure how many spots there are but I too was blown away by how many students were interviewing. I really liked their program, actually more than I thought I would have before going. They really seemed to have it structured in the best interest of the students. As far as the interview, mine wasn't too bad but I was so nervous I'm lucky words came out! Let me know if you hear anything. Good luck!

I was told that the last round of acceptances went out today and the waitlist is still being assembled.

I was told that the last round of acceptances went out today and the waitlist is still being assembled.
Meaning we should have heard today if we got in or they put the letter in the mail today? Thanks for the feedback.

I think that means they would be mailed yesterday.

Meaning we should have heard today if we got in or they put the letter in the mail today? Thanks for the feedback.

i havent heard anything. notihng in the mail today. im not getting my hopes up. there were like 40 people in the last round of interviews, how many could they possibly accept out of that group? 5 maybe? and im convinced the interview had nothing to do with anything. i was asked 2 random questions, and the prof didnt take a single note. carp even said theyre going to look at our files again, and review our GRE and gpa's. that interview made no sense to me. i really have no idea what to expect.

i havent heard anything. notihng in the mail today. im not getting my hopes up. there were like 40 people in the last round of interviews, how many could they possibly accept out of that group? 5 maybe? and im convinced the interview had nothing to do with anything. i was asked 2 random questions, and the prof didnt take a single note. carp even said theyre going to look at our files again, and review our GRE and gpa's. that interview made no sense to me. i really have no idea what to expect.
I guess how many they let in would depend in how many from previous interviews were offered admissions and accepted those admissions. I have a feeling some of those on March 5th were rescheduled from all the snow we had, which means other interview days had mess students. I think it will be significantly more than 5 people offered a spot, but who knows? Carp said they interview 140 for 54 spots and keep in mind not all those offered spots take them. We'll see...

I guess how many they let in would depend in how many from previous interviews were offered admissions and accepted those admissions. I have a feeling some of those on March 5th were rescheduled from all the snow we had, which means other interview days had mess students. I think it will be significantly more than 5 people offered a spot, but who knows? Carp said they interview 140 for 54 spots and keep in mind not all those offered spots take them. We'll see...
*less students

nothing in the mail today.

ajune - how did you hear that the acceptances were sent out the other day?

MuscleHead - they sent out a mass email to everyone that sent a deposit in to reserve their seat. I counted 36 names on the email if that helps you out with how many spots are still left open.

Members don't see this ad :)
MuscleHead - they sent out a mass email to everyone that sent a deposit in to reserve their seat. I counted 36 names on the email if that helps you out with how many spots are still left open.
wow, thanks, thats good info. theyre accepting 54 people, so i guess 18 people or so from that last interview will be accepted. thanks for your help. kinda surprised they still have that many spots open

Thanks so much for the info! Musclehead-you said before you thought there were 40 the day of our interview? I thought it was more like 30-35. They broke us into 6 interview groups and I know there were 6 in my group, but I think some groups may have had 5. So you figure if there are 54 spots and 36 have been filled, they are going to offer spots to at least 18 others since some students will be going elsewhere. I'm seeing this as great news...hopefully!

wow, thanks, thats good info. theyre accepting 54 people, so i guess 18 people or so from that last interview will be accepted. thanks for your help. kinda surprised they still have that many spots open

If that many spots are still available...could be because the out-of-state tuition for the full program is $108K?! Barring any increases, of course... :eek: Lucky for you you're instate! :thumbup: Then tuition is very reasonable and competitive. Good luck!

If that many spots are still available...could be because the out-of-state tuition for the full program is $108K?! Barring any increases, of course... :eek: Lucky for you you're instate! :thumbup: Then tuition is very reasonable and competitive. Good luck!
yeah, way too expensive. did u ever hear from temple by the way?

yeah, way too expensive. did u ever hear from temple by the way?

Nope, no idea if I got in or not. Either I didn't get in or it got lost in the mail like the initial interview letter did. Which is strange, as they have my correct address...call it fate? Though, I assume I would have received an email or call if I did get in and they hadn't heard from me yet, so I'm assuming that I didn't get in.

But I'm very happy with my final decision: I liked Temple a lot, but it wasn't a strong fit and too costly for me, even if I was accepted. Let us know if you get in and what your final decision is! Fingers crossed!

Nope, no idea if I got in or not. Either I didn't get in or it got lost in the mail like the initial interview letter did. Which is strange, as they have my correct address...call it fate? Though, I assume I would have received an email or call if I did get in and they hadn't heard from me yet, so I'm assuming that I didn't get in.

But I'm very happy with my final decision: I liked Temple a lot, but it wasn't a strong fit and too costly for me, even if I was accepted. Let us know if you get in and what your final decision is! Fingers crossed!
i went to jefferson yesterday. it was amazing. i thought it blew temple out of the water in every way. jefferson is definitely my decision.

monday afternoon: still no word. starting to think i didnt get in.

again, nothing. i have a feeling im gonna be one of those people who just was just never notified.

Hey I'm right there with you about wanting to get an official notification - been waiting on Arcadia for weeks - but I thought your post about Jefferson blowing Temple out of the water meant that you had already fully decided on Jefferson.

Hey I'm right there with you about wanting to get an official notification - been waiting on Arcadia for weeks - but I thought your post about Jefferson blowing Temple out of the water meant that you had already fully decided on Jefferson.
well i have decided. just curiosity at this point. if they said 2-3 weeks, it should be 2-3 weeks. tomorrow will hit the 3 week point.

Still haven't heard either
haha. this is almost funny. 3 weeks and still no word. if i dont here by monday im gonna email them. they told us 3 weeks, thus we should be told within that time frame

you know, im actually kinda pissed now. i spent 100 bucks, or whatever it was to apply to temple. the least they can do is send me a letter to say i was rejected. i know of 2 other people that were just flatout not even informed of a decision. thats disrespectful and unprofessional. i may even send a little letter their way in due time telling them my feelings.

I think this is happening all over the place. Everywhere I applied said that they had more applicants then ever and every school was delayed in their response to me just about. Temple doesn't have the admissions resources that a lot of the other area school do.

I think this is happening all over the place. Everywhere I applied said that they had more applicants then ever and every school was delayed in their response to me just about. Temple doesn't have the admissions resources that a lot of the other area school do.
i understand. however, the people that i know that never heard back interviewed months ago. and, they should take their less than adequate admissions into account when they tell you how long it will take to get back to you. the guy that interviewed me told me they have a "very quick turnaround."

you know, im actually kinda pissed now. i spent 100 bucks, or whatever it was to apply to temple. the least they can do is send me a letter to say i was rejected. i know of 2 other people that were just flatout not even informed of a decision. thats disrespectful and unprofessional. i may even send a little letter their way in due time telling them my feelings.

same, i applied way back in december but havent heard anything since, least they can do is have some courtesy and send me a rejection letter just so i know i was rejected.

same, i applied way back in december but havent heard anything since, least they can do is have some courtesy and send me a rejection letter just so i know i was rejected.
youve gotta be kidding me.

interview process was terrible. frankly, the whole admissions process sucked if u think about it. i was asked 2 pointless questions in my interview, which leads me to think that the interview was fairly meaningless. apparently they went back and looked over everything post interview (GPA's, GRE's, rec letters, etc.). sounds like they wasted a lot of peoples time.

i heard from temple today. i was accepted, however i am going to jefferson. so, theres a spot open for someone on the waitlist.