Anyone heard about Duke acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cozy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a bunch of people on here interviewed at Duke, has anyone heard back regarding acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

cozy said:
I know a bunch of people on here interviewed at Duke, has anyone heard back regarding acceptance?

I haven't heard anything yet. Based on the last email from Peggy, there may still be a few days before fellowship decisions are made, which is what is holding up admission decisions.

Konrad, any word from Duke?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard either (and no response from emailing the sec and everyone either).

NoSleepThisYear said:
I haven't heard either (and no response from emailing the sec and everyone either).

all right guys, i think today i'm going to call the secretary to see what the deal is - what do you think? i feel like this is a bad sign, that we haven't heard. i just need to hear one way or the other :scared:

cozy said:
all right guys, i think today i'm going to call the secretary to see what the deal is - what do you think? i feel like this is a bad sign, that we haven't heard. i just need to hear one way or the other :scared:

She emailed me back this morning and said:

"They are BEGINNING to get decisions on those that have been accepted,
will beginning calling those that are on the waitlist next and letters
will go out to the "out".
Thanks for your patience."

I assume this means we'll know one way or the other... or the other, within the next day or two. Good Luck!

wait, I'm not quite sure I understand what that means? first they will call accepted, then they will call the waitlisted, and then send letters to those who aren't in? when did they start calling, today?

NoSleepThisYear said:
She emailed me back this morning and said:

"They are BEGINNING to get decisions on those that have been accepted,
will beginning calling those that are on the waitlist next and letters
will go out to the "out".
Thanks for your patience."

I assume this means we'll know one way or the other... or the other, within the next day or two. Good Luck!

would you mind cutting and pasting the exact email on to this blog? sorry, a little stressed over here...

cozy said:
would you mind cutting and pasting the exact email on to this blog? sorry, a little stressed over here...

haha, sorry, that was the exact cut and paste (she made a few typos and was vague). I assume that it means that they will be calling the people who get in very soon, soon after that they'll call the waitlisted people (somewhat contingent upon the first group they call), and after that they'll send out letters/an email to those who did not get in.

You know as well as I do... and I'm going quite crazy myself - it's my #1 choice and I got good feedback after the interview, but haven't heard anything after that.

I'd support you calling and letting us know what she says or if she can clear anything up :)

any word guys?

NoSleepThisYear said:
haha, sorry, that was the exact cut and paste (she made a few typos and was vague). I assume that it means that they will be calling the people who get in very soon, soon after that they'll call the waitlisted people (somewhat contingent upon the first group they call), and after that they'll send out letters/an email to those who did not get in.

You know as well as I do... and I'm going quite crazy myself - it's my #1 choice and I got good feedback after the interview, but haven't heard anything after that.

I'd support you calling and letting us know what she says or if she can clear anything up :)

Hey guys, I just got the call - I'm in! Dr. Cury called to confirm. Also, I spoke with Peggy before that and apparently all acceptances will be extended today and tomorrow, waitlists next week, and rejections after that. let me know if you all here anything and we can exchange info. By the way, my name is Caroline, don't know if i had the pleasure of meeting you guys at interviews, but if so let me know!

Best of luck :luck:

cozy said:
Hey guys, I just got the call - I'm in! Dr. Cury called to confirm. Also, I spoke with Peggy before that and apparently all acceptances will be extended today and tomorrow, waitlists next week, and rejections after that. let me know if you all here anything and we can exchange info. By the way, my name is Caroline, don't know if i had the pleasure of meeting you guys at interviews, but if so let me know!

Best of luck :luck:

Hey, thanks for the update, and congrats!

do you have any info about fellowships? I was told I was nominated, but haven't heard anything since and don't know if that implies I'm likely to get in.

And I'm not sure if I met you, I know people more by where they went to school - if you told me that, I'd probably recognize :)

I went to University of Michigan. where did you go? i'm a bit confused, who told you about being nominated for a fellowship? if they called and said that you are nominated, i'd assume you are in. if you have doubts, call peggy, she was very helpful.

c

NoSleepThisYear said:
Hey, thanks for the update, and congrats!

do you have any info about fellowships? I was told I was nominated, but haven't heard anything since and don't know if that implies I'm likely to get in.

And I'm not sure if I met you, I know people more by where they went to school - if you told me that, I'd probably recognize :)