1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone heard about Kaplan IV QBank?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by baseball gal, Nov 8, 2002.

1. baseball gal

baseball gal New Member

hey everyone. I am just starting post in this forum.

Anyways, I was just checking out Kaplan for QBank, and i just saw this new QBank that Kaplan is offering. Intergrated Vignettes QBank. I don't know how long this has been out or anything since i have totally been out of the loop. So i was wondering if there has been anyone who has used it? I would like to hear some feedback about it, good or bad.

Thanks. and Good Luck everyone!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. theodore

theodore Most kind beast around
    7+ Year Member

Hi there. Haven't used it ,nor i probably will, but I saw some guys talking about it.Supposingly it gives you the chance to choose more specifically on the area you want to test yourself in. I remember for example, one guy mentioned about headache(causes,differential,treatment,blahblah). That's a very rough overview, don't know if it helps, but it's the only thing i remember about it. If u want more, i can check it, but i don't remember the specific site right now.

4. SimulD

SimulD Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

The Kaplan guy said that the IV QBank was divided up by chief complaint rather than organ system. Plus, there are multiple questions on one case rather than one vignette + one question (like on the real thing). That was all he really said about it.

So, the special that Kaplan offered us, if we sign up before January 1st was:

9 months of QBank (2000 q)
    9 months of IV QBank (1200 q)
    850 q/book
    350 q/test on CD
    350 q/test at the center

for $329 ...

but other people say that just a month or two of QBank is enough.

Anyone have thoughts?

Simul

5. BellKicker

BellKicker Twisted Miler
    7+ Year Member

Two months of qBank should be enough! I used mine one month and went through the qs twice.

I can't verify this but I swear someone wrote (in this forum) that the same questions are recycled in the qBook. Again, I don't know if it's true.

qBank was very useful, by the way.

Good luck.

6. nychick

nychick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

and was very happy with it, although after I first took the test I thought it didn't seem to reflect the material or the questions I remembered. But then I got a good score, and Qbank is was I used to study mainly, along with First Aid and some pre-test, so I attribute my success to it, partly.