Anyone heard back from their schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! I just submitted my OptomCAS and supplemental applications to them yesterday! I also emailed my prerequisite checklist. Can you tell me what your timeline with them looked like? I'm anxiously awaiting an interview invite!

It was all very fast! They received my application on 9/4 and I finally sent in the prereq checklist on 9/14. I was invited for an interview the next day! So, they should get your application within a week and send it in for review pretty quick. I'd say you'll hear back next week or so! I actually submitted on 8/29 and they received my application that next week. I think since you have everything in you should hear back faster!

Members don't see this ad.

It was all very fast! They received my application on 9/4 and I finally sent in the prereq checklist on 9/14. I was invited for an interview the next day! So, they should get your application within a week and send it in for review pretty quick. I'd say you'll hear back next week or so! I actually submitted on 8/29 and they received my application that next week. I think since you have everything in you should hear back faster!
Hi, did you go to ICO's interview yet?

For anyone who filled out their ico supplemental did u just make ur own user ID for it.

Members don't see this ad :)

Okay cool, thanks a lot. Fingers crossed I get an interview invite for October! When's yours?

Maliboo how long ago did u submit ico told me it would take 1 to 2 weeks to hear back so im gonna wait a little then probably call to check my status.

I submitted everything on Friday! So far, only Pacific has emailed me to confirm that my application is complete and ready for review. Western emailed me to confirm that they received my supplemental, but not my OptomCAS yet. And no news yet from Midwestern or Indiana. I guess it's barely been 2 business days though haha anxiety at its finest.

Would anyone like to share some details about the UAB interview? :)

Got there an hour early but did not do anything until 12 (for lunch). Quick tour, Quick Financial aid overview. And then everyone interviews with the same two panel members. Very laid back but it is frustrating to be the last one interviewed. You will sit in the lobby for quite a while. /:
I suggest getting there early as I could not find parking and had to walk quite a bit from where I did park.
Also, Got my call the next Monday night about my acceptance.

Hey carolinev! When's your interview at WesternU? I just scheduled mine for October 31st!

Hey guys, for anyone who applied to NOVA, how long did it take to be invited for an interview after you sent in your supplemental?

Hey guys, for anyone who applied to NOVA, how long did it take to be invited for an interview after you sent in your supplemental?
I sent in my supplemental application on August 18 and got an interview on August 22 they were pretty quick to get back to me.

Submitted mine mid July. Heard back from SUNY (accepted), SCO (interview soon), Midwestern, MCPHS and PCO (haven't scheduled interview/don't know if I will), but still haven't heard back from Nova (my first choice). Kind of worrying as other people who have submitted their application later seem to have heard back.

Submitted mine mid July. Heard back from SUNY (accepted), SCO (interview soon), Midwestern, MCPHS and PCO (haven't scheduled interview/don't know if I will), but still haven't heard back from Nova (my first choice). Kind of worrying as other people who have submitted their application later seem to have heard back.
I would maybe give NOVA a call. It is perfectly reasonable just to request an update on your application. Especially if you got accepted to SUNY, it seems like there is no reason you wouldn't get an interview there.

I agree with futureusaeyedoc, I just called this morning and they told me my status was decision pending.

I recently had my interview with UH and got my acceptance letter! It took a few weeks (like 2-3 weeks) for them to contact me after I submitted my supp app, so I would give it a little more time to process. If nothing by then, try emailing/calling the admissions office. Good luck!

Do you mind sharing what questions you were asked at the interview?

Do you mind sharing what questions you were asked at the interview?
It was very conversational. They just asked me why I wanted to be an optometrist and what exposure I've had to prep me. They wanted to know more about me, strengths/weaknesses, hobbies, etc. Honestly, it was very laid back and comfortable. There wasn't anything tricky, for me at least. Hope that helps!

I would maybe give NOVA a call. It is perfectly reasonable just to request an update on your application. Especially if you got accepted to SUNY, it seems like there is no reason you wouldn't get an interview there.

I agree with futureusaeyedoc, I just called this morning and they told me my status was decision pending.

Called them and they said it is "pending decision". I submitted my application for NOVA either August 30th or September 1st and I have read some people getting interviews after submitting their applications later than that. :/