Anyone heard from Albany, Emory, or Drexel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDmiracle

Mmmmm Prozac!!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. I have been transmitted for a long time now.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting to hear from Emory.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard from Drexel and I didn't apply to the others.

Hi there,

You've heard from Albany by now, right? (I just received my secondary in the mail yesterday.)

Cheers,
Kirsteen

Originally posted by coldchemist
I'm still waiting to hear from Emory.

here's the link letter - they send it to everyone. (but are really really slow)

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for applying to the Emory University School of Medicine. We have received your application from AMCAS. In order for your application to be screened for an interview, you must complete our Emory On-Line Application.

The Guidelines for the Emory On-Line Application are attached in Microsoft Word format and should be printed prior to completing the application. There is also a link to these Application Guidelines located at the beginning of the Emory On-Line Application.

Please review the Application Guidelines carefully. If you have questions after reviewing
the Guidelines, please contact the Medical School Admissions Office at [email protected].

Please click on the link below to access the Emory On-Line Application:
http://omesa.medadm.emory.edu/admissions
Some email clients (e.g. Hotmail) may not process the above link properly. If you have trouble, type or paste the above link into your browser directly.

We look forward to receiving your application.

Sincerely,

The Medical School Admissions Staff
Emory University School of Medicine

I didn't apply to Emory, but I did apply to both Albany and Drexel. I have submitted both of their secondaries. Drexel has a pretty easy secondary just you have to fill it in by hand because the send it to you by mail. You also need a picture for it and drexel doesn't take personal checks and need a money order for I think $75.

Albany has a garder-variety secondary, except for the two essays. It is an online secondary.

1)If selected for an interview what one life experience
would you most like to talk about? (160 characters)

2)Describe Yourself (1,000 characters)

The second one is especially hard because 1,000 characters is like 2 small paragraphs and it's really hard to describe yourself with any wit and intelligence in 2 paragraphs.

Albany does take personal checks, that is if you're wondering.

Hope this helps.

dmitri

I sent my albany secondary in about a week or so ago. It came with a sweet medical school booklet that was made to look like a medical chart, including your name as the patient of the chart. I thought it was pretty ingenious.