Anyone heard from BU MAMS of GT SMP Recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

magentamoon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know I've seen a couple of people who said they received information about being waitlisted to these programs (BU MAMS of GT SMP) recently, but has anyone heard that they got in? I'm kindof concerned that I'm not hearing anything, since I know my applications are complete at both schools. Also, do most people find out by e-mail or regular mail, or does that depend on whether your accepted or rejected? As I said before I'm not very patient and am getting very antsy waiting to hear if I have somewhere to go next fall. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat. I had some early problems with my letters of rec. But i endedup getting my application complete by april 11. Ms. Hall told me I would be notified by letter once a decision was made. I just sent some emails out today to ask what the hold up was. My stats were as good if not better than most of the people who said they got accepted, 3.5 gpa, 30 mcat, so I'm not sure what would be keepin me out.

A while back she told me they meet every two weeks to make decisions. hopefully I will know whats going on by the end of the week. If not i might just accept my admission to UMDNJ's program.

Re: Gtown, I was accepted by email 24 hrs after getting the "complete" email from Cabiness.
Re: BU, I have heard nothing since being told I was complete from Hall.

Members don't see this ad :)
any of you GT people found a decent please to live in/near Georgetown? If so, mind sharing info regarding rent and location. thanks.

BU MAMS: Got an email saying i was wait listed last week (or was it 2 weeks ago?? Everything is becoming a big blur towards the end of the semester...)

GT SMP: I think i'm annoying ms. cabiness. I got the "complete application" email a few weeks ago, but she reminded me to be patient and remember that they have until June 1 to make decisions.

KrnFord920 said:
BU MAMS: Got an email saying i was wait listed last week (or was it 2 weeks ago?? Everything is becoming a big blur towards the end of the semester...)

GT SMP: I think i'm annoying ms. cabiness. I got the "complete application" email a few weeks ago, but she reminded me to be patient and remember that they have until June 1 to make decisions.

I called BU MAMS today (I was complete on 4/11) and one of the assistants said that I am currently under review and that I should receive a letter (snail mail) this week or early next week.

So I'm a little confused, I found out awhile ago that I was complete at GT but just received an e-mail from Mrs. Cabiness last night saying my application was complete and now under review. I'm not exactly sure why there was such a delay. Anyway, I am hoping that maybe that means I'll hear sometime soon. Oh, and thanks to everybody for the info.

magentamoon said:
So I'm a little confused, I found out awhile ago that I was complete at GT but just received an e-mail from Mrs. Cabiness last night saying my application was complete and now under review. I'm not exactly sure why there was such a delay. Anyway, I am hoping that maybe that means I'll hear sometime soon. Oh, and thanks to everybody for the info.

delay from getting from the biomed grad office where u mailed ur stuff to the SMP office once everything was complete. sometimes it takes a while, they said they have alot of apps.

I got this email early this morning from BU

"It will be another week before the Admissions Committee makes their final
decision on your application. At this time, due to the large volume of
applications we are receiving, it has taken a longer review process.

I thank you for your patience in waiting for a decision and please check
your email next week. I will be sending you an email notification."