Anyone heard from BWH lately

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Burt Bachrach

Has anyone heard from the Brigham lately. Someone posted a message on Thursday saying that they would send out a new batch of acceptances and rejections, but so far I haven't heard a peep from them. (Appartently, a few people got the boot, but as far as I know, no one has been given the green light).

And so, as my hopes and dreams fade of spending the next 3 years of my life on Longwood Ave. wearing crimson bowties, could any of you tell me if you have some sense of what is going on.

Please help me. I beseech you. I really don't want to spend the next years of my life in Baltimore or some other god forsaken city. (OK, sorry for being a complaining byatch...I just really want to go the Brigham...Oh well).

As for all the rest of you...good luck.

BB

Members don't see this ad.

aw, c'mon, Balwmer isn't that bad.. Of course, Boston is the best, but I lived in the former city for 2 years before med school and actually enjoyed it. not much to be said for the area around JHU however. Anyway, I did not have the guts to apply to BWH (unless you are AOA with 250+ Step 1, our Dean strongly discourages it), but I'd suggest calling them to see what is going on. At least you'll know their decision, even if it is a rejection. I have to admit that I'd be bummed, too, as I'm sure you know of my affection for the Brigham residents from my other posts. But those other interviews you have are nothing to sneer at either. good luck in any case.

i agree, give them a call.

bof said:
i agree, give them a call.

Well, I did finally whip up the courage to call. The program director, Dr. Katz, actually answered the phone. He asked me for my name, which I told him. After putting me on hold for a few minutes to "look up my file," he asked me if I saw the instructions on the website which "clearly" stated that applicants are not to call the program to check on the status of their applications. And, if so, why I was having problems following the same directions as everybody else.

...Just kidding (I had you there for a second, didn't I). I actually got through to one of the coordinators (she was extremely nice), who looked up my file for me and was surprised that no one had reviewed it yet. She said that most of the invites are out, but that they may still send out a few more, and that my file would be screened in the next couple of days. So, I guess calling was a good idea.

Unfortunately, I think it is still a long shot, but I am keeping my finger crossed.

Best of luck to the rest of you.

I hope y'all kick some behind on your interviews. Oh yeah, and have a Happy Turkey Day.

--BB