Anyone heard from Campbell ?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxormd2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone heard from Campbell. Their admissions committee met last monday??? :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter from Campbell yesterday and it basically said they would continue to look over my application, but no definate news yet. I had an interview there in September, and it didn't go so well. I am pretty sure that I won't get in there to be honest with you. When did you interview there?

Alli1028 said:
I got a letter from Campbell yesterday and it basically said they would continue to look over my application, but no definate news yet. I had an interview there in September, and it didn't go so well. I am pretty sure that I won't get in there to be honest with you. When did you interview there?

I have interviewed there twice. Once on September 17, and once in January. My first interview went great and my second one was hell.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's weird...I interviewed on September 17 also!! And I did the early decision admissions, which was a mistake because I couldn't apply to other schools until November. Just thought you might like to know that!! Where else have you applied and have you gotten any other interviews/acceptances? Good luck :)

Alli1028 said:
That's weird...I interviewed on September 17 also!! And I did the early decision admissions, which was a mistake because I couldn't apply to other schools until November. Just thought you might like to know that!! Where else have you applied and have you gotten any other interviews/acceptances? Good luck :)
nope no other interviews, ands yes that early decsion thing was a bad mistake

I interviewed at Campbell a couple of years ago. I wasn't really impressed with the admissions committee. When they finally rejected me (I was waitlisted at first), they sent me a letter telling me how to strengthen my application before applying next year. It said to get my undergrad degree and to improve my GPA in prerequisite classes. This was after they got my final transcript with a 3.9 math/science GPA and a BS in Biology.

dgroulx said:
I interviewed at Campbell a couple of years ago. I wasn't really impressed with the admissions committee. When they finally rejected me (I was waitlisted at first), they sent me a letter telling me how to strengthen my application before applying next year. It said to get my undergrad degree and to improve my GPA in prerequisite classes. This was after they got my final transcript with a 3.9 math/science GPA and a BS in Biology.

I'm sorry, but you cannot do much better than a 3.9 math/science GPA. Sounds like Campbell needs to get their act together. Since they're supposedly in competition with UNC, you'd think they would want to attract students with 3.9 math/science GPAs. I mean, that's not the whole picture, but still. Perhaps they're biased toward their own undergrads that are pre-pharmacy since they fork out gazillion dollars each year there and want to go to this specific pharmacy school. Sounds like they need to reevaluate some things in the admissions department.

hey unctarheel,
Have you heard back from UNC?

goheel said:
hey unctarheel,
Have you heard back from UNC?

Hi goheel,

No, I haven't heard back yet. I called Pam Goldston 2 Mondays ago to see what was going on (since that marked a month from the interview). She said that they were deciding on me the next evening, and that I should hear from them early this week. She also said that the letter would be sent to my Chapel Hill address and not home. Well, it's now Friday of this week, and I haven't received anything. I emailed Goldston again yesterday, and she has yet to contact me. So, frustration is at a definite high right now. But, on a lighter note, congratulations on getting in!! :) Maybe I will get the big envelope soon and join you next year. Until then, the waiting game continues.

I received a postcard from Campbell stating my file was complete, that's all.

havent heard a thing from campbell since the orange card saying that my application was complete.

unctarheel said:
Hi goheel,

No, I haven't heard back yet. I called Pam Goldston 2 Mondays ago to see what was going on (since that marked a month from the interview). She said that they were deciding on me the next evening, and that I should hear from them early this week. She also said that the letter would be sent to my Chapel Hill address and not home. Well, it's now Friday of this week, and I haven't received anything. I emailed Goldston again yesterday, and she has yet to contact me. So, frustration is at a definite high right now. But, on a lighter note, congratulations on getting in!! :) Maybe I will get the big envelope soon and join you next year. Until then, the waiting game continues.

Yep, I know how you feels. Pam Goldston sometimes never email you back. She probably has too many emails to answer. If you live near there, I would suggest you stop by and ask her yourself about your situation. Good luck!