Anyone heard from Einstein?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyEyesMesmerize

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed on Jan 6th and havent heard anything from them. Has anyone that interviewed on or around that time heard back? I

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed on 01/13 and i haven't heard back from them yet either. i will keep the site posted when i hear anything either way.

i know they sent a big batch of acceptances from the first half of the year's interviews out 1/ 15... not sure if its rolling after that or when they send the next batch. Have you tried calling?

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there on 2/5. I was told that I would not hear anything until 8-10 weeks after my interview, so it looks like I'll hear some time in April.

Originally posted by nygirl6464
i interviewed on 01/13 and i haven't heard back from them yet either. i will keep the site posted when i hear anything either way.

We interviewed on the same day! But no, I didn't hear anything from them yet either...

Interviewed 1/29, still haven't heard. Was told it would take about two months to hear anything. Admissions committee is dealing with a backlog and it takes about two months post-interview for your application even to get to the committee for a vote. If anyone's heard anything post-Jan 15th, please let us know!

They're pretty slow. I interviewed there right before Christmas and didn't get my acceptance until last week. They originally told me they would reach a decision in early February, but they kept pushing back the date because of snow, etc. So you might have a while longer to wait. I hope this helps put things in persepective.

Interviewed 11/24, heard back 1/15, it was good news. Unless I get into Pitt, I'm headed to Einstein!!

In case anyone's wondering, I just called Einstein and they told me
the admissions committee is running behind and to expect a decision about 10 weeks after when you interviewed.

thanks for calling jennie 21!

well, i'm officially at 9 weeks and 2 days, so hopefully any day now . . .

good luck everyone!

yah thanks for calling jennie 21----i guess it is creeping up to 10 weeks for me too...i was just wondering if anyone knew if they send post interview rejections too b/c i saw that for certain schools they do (like nymc) but i wasn't sure if einstein did that too...does anyone know if we could get a waitlist or a rejection in the mail too after the 10 weeks??? thanks!

Well I heard back the other day, and I was placed on their waitlist. I'm not too disappointed I wasn't accepted because I like NJMS.....but now what do I do? It would be so hard ot turn down Einstein if they did.......

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed jan. 6th, so maybe you were in my tour group. but in case you weren't: our tour guide told us that he was on Einstein's wait list, and said that if you're persistent and call the school every week, you'll probably get in. i say go for it: it's always nice to have other options.

Anyway, I still haven't heard anything yet. Not quite sure what that means . . . It's the only school I wrote a letter-of-interest to, and sent a thank you note to, so if I'm rejected, it will be proof that those things don't work . . . or evidence that i'm an extremely poor writer and would do well to keep quiet in the future!

i was just wondering from those who have heard...does it come by snail mail???? also, do they send notification of everything including waitlist and rejections too after 10 weeks....????

btw does anyone know their tel. no. b/c i can't seem to get the right one off of the website so i was just wondering if anyone knew it or called for a status update...the number i tried was 718-430-2000. thanks!

Sorry to hear you got waitlisted MyEyesMesmerize. Good luck Bananie, hope it's good news. NyGirl6464, acceptances come by snail mail (I know b/c my fiance was accepted...I, alas, still haven't heard). You can call the admissions office for a status check; their number is (718) 430-3014 or (718) 430-2106. Both are listed on their website.

Aargh! This waiting is driving me nuts! Why does it take them ten weeks to decide about us? I was waitlisted at my first choice school and am desperately hoping to get into Einstein.

Bumping this up. I know their deal is 8-10 weeks, but I'm getting impatient! Anyone who interviewed at the very end of January hear back yet?

I interviewed Jan 31 and got an e-mail today saying that my application was reviewed favorably. However, it also said that they would like to know before the 9th if Einstein is my first choice and what my level of interest is in attending.

I interviewed Jan. 29th. I called today and was told my folder hadn't reached the commitee for review yet. I thought they reviewed them according to the date you interviewed, so why would they have reviewed cinny's file before mine? Demographix, what date did you interview?

I interviewed on the 28th. I wonder if everyone who is not getting waitlisted or rejected is getting that email. Let me know when you hear anything!

I got waitlisted and I never received that email. I suppose its only for those people they want to accept right away.

I interviewed Jan 6th, waitlisted March 13th. No e-mail from them.

Originally posted by banannie
our tour guide told us that he was on Einstein's wait list, and said that if you're persistent and call the school every week, you'll probably get in.

Call every week? What are you supposed to say? Do you just ask for the status of your app? And do they make a note that you called or something? Cuz how does the adcom know you call every week?

And does anyone know who I should address my letter of interest (or intent, I'm not sure yet) to? I asked in another post but I'm not getting any replies. Thanks!

Originally posted by SunnyBunny7
And does anyone know who I should address my letter of interest (or intent, I'm not sure yet) to? I asked in another post but I'm not getting any replies. Thanks!

Dean Kerrigan

Hey Everyone-

Good luck with the waiting game and I hope you hear favorably in the coming weeks. Just so you know, the school is finishing up interviews this month and everyone who has interviewed or will be interviewed will receive communication by late May/early June.

From what I've heard from my classmates, the waitlist starting moving around June.

Good luck!

has anybody who received the e-mail gotten an official acceptance yet?? i got the e-mail on 3/27 but haven't heard anything since. if luckily, it is an acceptance, does it come in a big packet, or a regular sized letter envelope. sorry for the annoying questions......grr

I got the email March 20 and still hve not recieved anything in the mail. I did email Ms. Kerrigan and she informed me that I should recieve something within the next few weeks. Chances are that they will send out all accepts in one big batch regardless of when you recieved the email. Assuming of course that positive response to the email (i.e. telling them it is your first choice) equals acceptance.

that einstein was my first choice in the e-mail. does anybody know if this means that you'll eventually be accepted? i'm thinking that this could still mean a waitlist, but then i read somewhere that the waitlist isn't ranked at einstein. i dunno.......for current einstein students, did they do this e-mail thing last year as well? thanks everyone!

Ok people,

I received the email recently and called ms. kerrigan. She informed me that it was a very favorable decision. Which made me happy. Then she said it isnt guaranteed and I will be accepted as space becomes available. which made me a little less happy. but i am pretty sure this is not a "waitlist" and just their way of eliminating excessive/superfluous offers of acceptance. Pretty much I get the feeling the email means you will most likely eventually be accepted, just be patient.

Hi,

I just wanted to update everyone that there appears to be some movement on the email front. Ms. Kerrigan emailed me this morning saying "I think we will have good news for you very soon." So they are moving, just hang in there.

Good luck to everyone.

did you e-mail her a status question and she replied, or did she just randomly e-mail you that....thanks cal

Hey,

I emailed her with a status question about one week ago.
Hope this helps.