Anyone heard from Finch or Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BurgerEater

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
who hasn't been verified. Thnks.

Members don't see this ad.

No, applied to both--no answer, not verified. Submitted August 11. Resubmitting another one tomorrow. When did you submit?
As for Howard--does a white or caucasian person with potentially low mcat have a chance there? i don't know my score yet, but i am prepared for the worst.

I submitted early july.
I have noticed that about 2/3 of Howard students are African Americans. So this leaves a large number that are perhaps mostly caucasian. It probably is not in the best interest of the ad. comms. to select for very high acedemic standards of those students who are not African American, or else they will have a racialy lop-sided student body.... no one wants to see the caucasion students continously placing higher than the African Americans.. which might happen if they were to select only caucasians with much higher standards to begin with. Follow me?

Members don't see this ad :)
got finch's yesterday :)

I had emailed Howard about 3 weeks ago about any alternate applicaton procedures. In one brief sentence in the subject line of the email, they sated that seondaries will be mailed out on sept 15th.

Paulista, any essay questions in the finch secondary? If so, can you post them?

If you are caucasian with high stats, I don't think that you would be automatically denied admission to a predominantly afr. american school. I think they would consider you particularly if you showed a sincere desire in contributing to a medically underserved population. Just my 2 cents.

No required essay for Finch, EXCEPT if you have any other stuff you want to communicate to the admissions committee....they ask you to attach another sheet or to write it on the back of the secondary form...
i just put a check and my e-mail address on the form and mailed it... :)

Hi BurgerEater
Makes sense! I was initially thinking that they work sort of like state schools--anyone who is not in-state (or in this case African American) has to have super high stats to get it.
I have not heard from Finch.