Anyone Heard from G'Town Lately?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koalabear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all...Any november/december interviewees hear yet (out of staters especially)?? Thanks and good luck. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed on 12/12.... I dont expect to hear back for another 3 weeks or so.

i've been wondering the same thing. i interview during the very beginning of december and mrs. sullivan told us that our files would "probably" be reviewed during the 4th week of december. that seemed like kind of a quick turn-around to me. in any case, i'm figuring/hoping i'll hear something within the next two weeks. good luck to you all.

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you who interviewed already how long was it from when you were complete to your interview invite?? Thanks!

I interviewed on 12/12. I believe they said that we would receive our final decisions 6-8 weeks from our interview date. (I was complete on 9/23, and on 10/24 was notified that I was invited for an interview.)

For those of you who an interview ...how did u recieve the notification..email or snail mail?

DocMD85 said:
For those of you who an interview ...how did u recieve the notification..email or snail mail?

i interviewed on 12/14 and was told that they'd review our files either during the 4th week of Dec. or the 2nd week of Jan. However, they said we wouldn't hear a decision until the middle of February. I think they meet initially to review the file as a large group, then as Ms. Sullivan said, 20 different people look at it individually before a a decision is made. At least that's what I got out of her statement.

I interviewed on 11/11 and got the lovely competitve applicant pool letter on 12/23. So, it took about 6 weeks. Good luck everyone, it seems like they havent accepted a lot of ppl outright yet.

dsprague12 said:

i interviewed on 12/14 and was told that they'd review our files either during the 4th week of Dec. or the 2nd week of Jan. However, they said we wouldn't hear a decision until the middle of February. I think they meet initially to review the file as a large group, then as Ms. Sullivan said, 20 different people look at it individually before a a decision is made. At least that's what I got out of her statement.

ahh, that makes more sense to me now. i figured there must be a gap between when files are initially reviewed and when final decisions are rendered. thanks for the clarification.

has anyone heard from georgetown who interviewed in late nov/early dec?

I interviewed at Georgetown on Nov.1, Ms. Sullivan said we would get a decision within 6-8 weeks. 5 weeks later my interviewer called letting me know I'd been accepted, I got the paperwork in the mail a few days later. Best of luck to everyone!!!

GTDR2B said:
I interviewed at Georgetown on Nov.1, Ms. Sullivan said we would get a decision within 6-8 weeks. 5 weeks later my interviewer called letting me know I'd been accepted, I got the paperwork in the mail a few days later. Best of luck to everyone!!!

For those of you who have interviewed already, did any of you try to stay with student hosts? And if you tried, did you have any luck reaching them? I've emailed two of them already but haven't heard anything back from them. While I'm sure they're busy, I was wondering if this was pretty common. My interview is in a little over a week, so I need to find someone pretty quickly....

zook said:
For those of you who have interviewed already, did any of you try to stay with student hosts? And if you tried, did you have any luck reaching them? I've emailed two of them already but haven't heard anything back from them. While I'm sure they're busy, I was wondering if this was pretty common. My interview is in a little over a week, so I need to find someone pretty quickly....

i remember someone at my interview day saying that he had contacted a number of student hosts and no one got back to him. but, that may have been because the med students were about to take a few exams. i'm sure you'll be able to reserve a room at the holiday inn in georgetown. it's really close to the school and they have a discount for interviewees. you might also try to convention center which is literally right next to the medical center (on campus). i believe it's a bit more expensive but you still get a discount. that might be booked at this point though. best of luck.

anyone heard who interviewed early december?

medstylee said:
i remember someone at my interview day saying that he had contacted a number of student hosts and no one got back to him. but, that may have been because the med students were about to take a few exams. i'm sure you'll be able to reserve a room at the holiday inn in georgetown. it's really close to the school and they have a discount for interviewees. you might also try to convention center which is literally right next to the medical center (on campus). i believe it's a bit more expensive but you still get a discount. that might be booked at this point though. best of luck.

Well, I have a friend to stay with, so that's not a problem, but I like to take advantage of student hosting programs because I think I get a better feel for the school that way. Unfortunately, out of the 6 people I already emailed, only one has gotten back to me, and that was to tell me that he couldn't host because he has an exam the next day. Are there any Georgetown students on these boards willing to host me? :luck:

bug22catch said:
anyone heard who interviewed early december?

yeah, i interviewed on dec 5 and received a rejection letter dated 1/11 and post-marked 1/13. boo! (oh well, you win some, you lose some).