Anyone heard from IOWA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaelkastro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone heard from Iowa

Members don't see this ad.

Yah i heard from them back in september, they sent me a letter saying they got my AADSAS stuff and that because of the increase in stats that they are not going to look at my application.

i also heard from iowa early, they said that my applicationwas deferred,( sorry spelling ) and that they would notify me if they reactivate it, I read this as "burn for not being an Iowa resident" I applied to see how far my Iowa state internship would get me in the application process at U of Iowa. I was out there this summer and really liked the state, sounds wierd, but I did. I also thought that it was crappy that Iowa and other schools have lower requirements for instaters, I think that is really just taking away from the point of keeping good grades and working your rear off for four years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Iowa is a tough school to get accepted to period. Iowa does give preference to in-state, however, the stats are high anyway you look at it. Avg. gpa accepted last yr. 3.5 with out-of-state ~3.6-3.7. They have the largest privately funded research institution (Dows Research Institution) and they are known to produce excellent clinicians as well as top notch researchers. Years ago when dental schools were still being ranked they were rated one of the top 3. (Gourman report and US news and world report 1994-6. ) On top of that they were one of the first dental colleges to create a $3million simulation clinic equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Of course nowadays that is nearly mandatory! Anyway if you get the opportunity to go take it.

like the other post-ers, iowa was my first rejection because i'm not a resident. there goes $60 down the tube. bah!

ch