Anyone heard from KUMC -Jayhawks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erwizkid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone received any response from kansas univ (kumc). I know the expected dates are between the 15-19 just wondering because snail mail takes longer in some areas.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone received any response from kansas univ (kumc). I know the expected dates are between the 15-19 just wondering because snail mail takes longer in some areas.

They told me that their last meeting would be today (I think) and that we shouldn't expect to hear anything until after St. P's day, so even with snail mail being slow, I would expect a few more days.

thanks for the info - did they tell u about todays meeting in ur interview? I think I remember them saying something about st pat's day but I spoke to some people who interviewed before me n they mentioned the 15th

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the info - did they tell u about todays meeting in ur interview? I think I remember them saying something about st pat's day but I spoke to some people who interviewed before me n they mentioned the 15th

I interviewed on the last possible date with a bunch of other out of staters. The dean(s) told us that they aim to have us notified by St. Pat's Day, but they estimated it would take a week longer. Let's wait about 10 before we start getting anxious.

I got my letter today...waitlisted. still hopeful!

I should mention that I live within 2 blocks of the school. So, you may not get your letter today if you live far away

I got my letter today...waitlisted. still hopeful!

I should mention that I live within 2 blocks of the school. So, you may not get your letter today if you live far away

When did you interview??

During my interview, I was told that they had originally wanted to get responses out by the 15th, but that because they had to cancel an adcom meeting (snow day), they had to push things back a week. People who interviewed earlier on heard the 15th, those of who interviewed later (I was the 2nd to last day, OOS) were told St. Patrick's Day. All that said, last night was supposed to be their final meeting. After that meeting, they were going to send out responses, thus the "hopefully soon after St. Patrick's Day."

I would imagine that pattyk's response might have gone out today, which would make sense if USPS happened to be incredibly fast. Otherwise, they might have sent it out a day or two ago, in which case KU either moved up the date of the last meeting or they knew how they felt about pattyk before the final meeting.

I would agree with Jinterpol and say hang tight just a little bit longer. A few more days won't kill you (easier said than done, I know) and we should all know before the month is out.

Best of luck though!

ps: Are any of you all OOS MO people and if so how do you feel about MU vs KU?

Just as an fyi, my letter was dated on 3/12 and postmarked on 3/13.

Just as an fyi, my letter was dated on 3/12 and postmarked on 3/13.

Hmm... That means they definitely didn't do things exactly how they said they would.

:) I Got Accepted To KU!!!!!!!!!

congrats mrl1102! are u n state or OOS? Now I must ask was it a big or small envelope if u don't mind saying. I'm really happy for u. I hope I find out soon n I hope its good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to Peggy in Admission and she said that all decisions have been made on those interviewed and were sent out on Monday. Best of Luck all.

ps: Are any of you all OOS MO people and if so how do you feel about MU vs KU?
I used to be a MO resident.
My interviewers at MU as an OOS have either been laconic and uninterested or obsessed with asking the question "What else?" Maybe it's that I've had bad interview experiences at MU, but I left the KU campus feeling like I could see myself there in the Fall. I'm waitlisted w/ a chance at MU but will withdraw. KU is a solid school. For a midwesterner, it's only real drawback is the thought of having to spend M3 & M4 years in Wichita...which would suck balls. Being OOS at both schools, the cheaper tuition at KU seals the deal.

My interviewers at MU as an OOS have either been laconic and uninterested or obsessed with asking the question "What else?" Maybe it's that I've had bad interview experiences at MU, but I left the KU campus feeling like I could see myself there in the Fall. I'm waitlisted w/ a chance at MU but will withdraw. KU is a solid school. For a midwesterner, it's only real drawback is the thought of having to spend M3 & M4 years in Wichita...which would suck balls. Being OOS at both schools, the cheaper tuition at KU seals the deal.

I was asking as a MO resident, so the tuition thing definitely swings me towards MU. Coming out of both interviews, I actually felt a bit better about MU than KU, and it is probably a good thing, because I just got home and opened a rejection from KU. It looks like all my debates with myself about whether I like MU or KU better were pretty much worthless. Oh well, I'll be really happy at MU unless Stanford magically pulls one out of far left field and offers me an interview...:laugh::laugh:

Congratulations to the rest of you who got in though, and best of luck over the next four years!

You can probably talk to the folks on their 2011 class thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=357839

It's more active this year than in years past. They are super nice (especially lilnoelle :love:).

hey thanks for the plug :)
I've upgraded to a donor just recently. Whats the point of being a double donor like you are? Is there a benefit, or do you do it just because you love SDN that much?

Oh, and good luck you guys. KU is a great school. And to the individual who brought up Witchita in third and fourth year, very rarely is someone forced to go somewhere they don't want to. Yes, they almost always have a lottery, but generally thats only because people haven't decided by November of their M1 year and so they play it safe and say they want to stay in KC. Before long, people decide and it all evens out.
Feed free to pm me with questions if you want. I'm on spring break so will have lots of time.

Question:

If we did NOT get an email yesterday, the 15th, from KU financial aid that says "Dear Accepted Applicant", does this mean we are rejected? I don't want to be preoccupied with wondering what is going on with my mailbox for nothing.

I think KUMC just sends notice through snail mail....

Right... but if the email went out to everyone who was accepted it works as good proxy for the letter (even if it isn't an official decision).

So the question really is: has anyone who has been accepted to KUMC *NOT* received an email from financial aid this week?

I got accepted to KUMC !!!! COngrats to everyone else. GO JayHawks!

congrats mrl1102! are u n state or OOS? Now I must ask was it a big or small envelope if u don't mind saying. I'm really happy for u. I hope I find out soon n I hope its good.
I am an OOS applicant. The letter came in a small envelope. Oh yeah, and thanks a lot, I am ecstatic. This is a lifelong dream for me, and I feel that KU is the best school so far that I have visited. They have an organized program, nice facilities, excellent curriculum, and so many other great qualities. Oh yeah, and the cost of living is dirt cheap in kansas. I hope you get in too.