Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

anyone heard from loma linda secondary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Yogi Bear, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

anyone get any info from loma linda for this application cycle?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

I got a secondary from Loma Linda a few days ago. After reading it, I promptly threw it in the trash.

First, it was folded up 3 ways. Then, they want you to type directly on the form (who the hell has a typewriter these days!?). But the most irritating part of the form was in the instructions. They made it a point to let you know what the average GPA and MCAT's were for the most recent class (something like 3.73 and 9-10 average). Then they say something like, "please re-evaluate your grades and MCAT scores to determine your competitiveness" or some such nonsense.

Being a Buddhist, I figured that I wasn't going to lie during my interview, anyway, so I didn't think it was worth all of the hassle

4. JZZZZZZZs

JZZZZZZZs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Yeah, I got mine yesterday, 8/23. Don't know if I'll actually complete it though. With questions like "Do you fellowship regularly with a church or religious group?" and "...lifestyle expectations which include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco..." I'm kinda scared off. Not that I'm a boozer or chain-smoker, but these regulations come off way too fanatical! However, I do have an aunt who went them for dental school, I'll ask her how the school really is. :)

5. uclabruins47

uclabruins47 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Probably the only ones that will send them the 2ndary are the christian students, since they require chapel attendance every week.