anyone heard from loma linda secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone get any info from loma linda for this application cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a secondary from Loma Linda a few days ago. After reading it, I promptly threw it in the trash.

First, it was folded up 3 ways. Then, they want you to type directly on the form (who the hell has a typewriter these days!?). But the most irritating part of the form was in the instructions. They made it a point to let you know what the average GPA and MCAT's were for the most recent class (something like 3.73 and 9-10 average). Then they say something like, "please re-evaluate your grades and MCAT scores to determine your competitiveness" or some such nonsense.

Being a Buddhist, I figured that I wasn't going to lie during my interview, anyway, so I didn't think it was worth all of the hassle

Yeah, I got mine yesterday, 8/23. Don't know if I'll actually complete it though. With questions like "Do you fellowship regularly with a church or religious group?" and "...lifestyle expectations which include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco..." I'm kinda scared off. Not that I'm a boozer or chain-smoker, but these regulations come off way too fanatical! However, I do have an aunt who went them for dental school, I'll ask her how the school really is. :)

Probably the only ones that will send them the 2ndary are the christian students, since they require chapel attendance every week.