anyone heard from loma linda secondary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Yogi Bear, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member

anyone get any info from loma linda for this application cycle?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student

I got a secondary from Loma Linda a few days ago. After reading it, I promptly threw it in the trash.

First, it was folded up 3 ways. Then, they want you to type directly on the form (who the hell has a typewriter these days!?). But the most irritating part of the form was in the instructions. They made it a point to let you know what the average GPA and MCAT's were for the most recent class (something like 3.73 and 9-10 average). Then they say something like, "please re-evaluate your grades and MCAT scores to determine your competitiveness" or some such nonsense.

Being a Buddhist, I figured that I wasn't going to lie during my interview, anyway, so I didn't think it was worth all of the hassle

4. JZZZZZZZs

JZZZZZZZs Senior Member

Post Doc
    Yeah, I got mine yesterday, 8/23. Don't know if I'll actually complete it though. With questions like "Do you fellowship regularly with a church or religious group?" and "...lifestyle expectations which include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco..." I'm kinda scared off. Not that I'm a boozer or chain-smoker, but these regulations come off way too fanatical! However, I do have an aunt who went them for dental school, I'll ask her how the school really is. :)

5. uclabruins47

uclabruins47 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Probably the only ones that will send them the 2ndary are the christian students, since they require chapel attendance every week.