1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

anyone heard from Med College of Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by altaskier, Nov 18, 2001.

1. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at MCW on Nov 9th and I wanted to see if anyone out there that interviewed on the same date, or even before, has heard anything back from them????????

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

You could check the Acceptances thread.

4. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

when i interviewed there, they gave us a date that they would be sending our decision letters. I interviewed on 10/26. They mailed the letter 11/5, and I received it 11/6. The adcom meets on thursdays, and they send out letters on the following moday (probably today for your group). They won't give any decision info over the phone.

5. altaskier

7+ Year Member

Barton,

Living in Madison, what things have you heard about MCW? Pros and Cons?

6. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

They told us that they met on thursday to discuss it and that the letters would be in the mail on friday. Hopefully that is the case :)

7. Scooby Doo

10+ Year Member

Got the notification today!
    I'M IN!! :)
    YAY!!!
    I'm in Cali too...so I am pretty far from there...most of you should get them today!

8. altaskier

7+ Year Member

Congrats Scooby Doo!! I gotta run home and see if I have the same fate as you. But, mail does take a little longer to trickle down to Orange County so we'll see.

9. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

altaskier,
    While being in Mad-Town has put me in close proximity to Milwaukee, I'd never really been there before my interview. That said, I loved it. I was accepted and will be attending next year. I know tons of WI residents, and they love the place (the school takes half their class from WI, and gives them a huge break on tuition). A friend of mine works at MCW, in the peds ER, and she loves it. She's from the Milwaukee area, and has worked there (in various capacities) for years. I think that the UW med school is a bit more respected, but MCW is a great place, and seems like a perfect place for me. I love the suburban setting, parking, lack of traffic, etc. I am pumped to go there. Plus, tuition isn't horrible for a private school. Good luck!

10. altaskier

7+ Year Member

Hey Barton, I got my acceptance letter about two hours ago from MCW. I too really liked the setting and environment around the school. I live in Orange County (southern california), so it is kind of a big change, but I really liked what I saw on my interview. Unless I get into a Cali school, I think I'd go to MCW too.

11. Scooby Doo

10+ Year Member

Congrats!

I got the Chandon open and pouring it my mouth :)

12. Cambrian

Cambrian Colonel/Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I received the acceptance on the 19th of November, which was yesterday. Man, they're fast. Just a little bit over a week and they give you a response already. I wish all medical schools are like this.

13. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....
    10+ Year Member

Congartulations are in order of everybody !!!
    Hope to see you ALL there.
    :D

14. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

WoW!

Congrats to all those accepted! I live in Minneapolis, but I have a bunch of friends in Milwaukee and go down all the time (Every location in the world is "down" when you live in Minneapolis...well except for maybe Duluth...and Canada..oh and Alaska, but that's it).

Anyway, for you cali folks, Milwaulkee is an awesome town on it's own, plus it's right next to Chicago! Hardly the isolated cow pasture many who haven't been there might envision. Congrats again you all!