1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anyone heard from NYCOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by jimmybee, Oct 18, 2000.

1. jimmybee

jimmybee Internal Medicine Hospitalist, formerly med/peds
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I just wanted to know if anyone has heard from NYCOM and what people think of the school. Apparently they do not send out secondaries, they just call applicants for interviews and you fill out one while you are there. I have heard good things about the school, but that it is really hard to find a place to live. Please feel free to let me (us) know your thoughts on this school.

Good Luck to Everyone

jimmybee

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm not a NYCOM student, but I'm probably one of its most vocal allopathic supporters on this board.

In my opinion it's the best osteopathic school in the country because of its clinical program, and according to my friends who are there, NYCOM graduates do well in getting the residencies they want.

If you have more specific questions about the school, I can answer them to the best of my knowledge. I applied for the Entering Class of 1999 and remember their admissions process well.

Finding housing near the school is tough. If you've been accepted, find some second-years who are on their way out of the Old Westbury/Brookville area and leaving their apartments. This will save you on broker's fees and the hassle of finding something when school's about to start. Or if you're willing to live with someone, find some current first-years who wouldn't mind sharing and splitting the costs. Most NYCOM students live in nearby Glen Cove, Roslyn, or Roslyn Heights -- all within 10 minutes by car.

Tim of New York City.

4. jimmybee

jimmybee Internal Medicine Hospitalist, formerly med/peds
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm still looking for any info about the interview process at NYCOM. Has it started? Let me know. Thanks

5. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yes it has.

Tim of New York City.