Anyone heard from SIU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spang

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone gotten a secondary or interview invite? Mind posting if you're EDP?

I got a letter of couple of weeks back but nothing since.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying next year, but I'm pretty sure SIU did away with their EDP. I know this because if it still existed, I would be applying for it most certainly! Also, I heard that 1/6 of AMCAS applicants are granted interviews. If you're from Southern or Central Illinois and are fortunate enough to get an interview, your chances for an acceptance are close to 90%.

I received a secondary about three weeks ago and an interview offer a week ago. There are a lot of people who haven't heard from them yet, though. Hope this helps :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have written off SIU - my blood is too northern for them.

sc,

congrats on the interview invite! I hope to be in your shoes this time next year. I know this is going to sound cliche, but could you please post your stats?

Thanks

sc-

Thanks for the info. I got the secondary today. I was starting to sweat it a little since I'm a central-Illinois resident and SIU was one of only 2 schools I hadn't heard from!!

Can you tell me what their interview schedule is like (ie, M-F or Thursday only, or whatever) and did you pick C'dale or S'field?

Thanks!!

Spang

For interviews...you pick and rank four weekdays. They will send a reply with the chosen day. It's pretty simple. I picked Springfield.

For Atlas: 4.0 37Q...anything else in particular? From their letter, it seems like they send interview invites to anyone that completes the secondary, but I could be wrong. Hope this helps

Damn! Your stats put mine to shame! I know you won't have a problem getting into a school. I have a word of friendly advice...don't pick SIU! ;) You'll throw off the means with your GPA and MCAT scores! I mean...your scores are SICK!!! (really really good) :) Go to Harvard or Wash U!!! Best of luck with getting in!!!

Originally posted by Spang:
•and did you pick C'dale or S'field?

Can someone explain to me how this works?

thanks,
mj

I submitted AMCAS early August. Anyone else submit in August and have heard from SIU? I'm in Chi-town--are they gonna hold this against me? :(

chaser,

yeah pretty much! :( Very few from up north get into SIU. As far as they are concerned, anywhere North of Springfield is out of state.

Got my SIU invite in the mail today.

I got the secondary today. I was starting to sweat it a little since I'm a central-Illinois resident
Got my SIU invite in the mail today.
Spang! You have proved it...SIU DOES give prefs to down-staters! Good luck to you on your interview...and while you're there, don't forget to slip in the fact that you know some really cool cats on the SDN from Chicago that would love to get down to SIU, too! :D

Originally posted by nochaser:
•..and while you're there, don't forget to slip in the fact that you know some really cool cats on the SDN from Chicago that would love to get down to SIU, too! :D

Cool cats AND kitties!! But with people like "sc" with 37Q's I don't think I can afford to blow anyones horn but my own ;) ;) .

Anyway you guys got all those great schools like Rush with their 12-essay-question secondaries! Good God, y'all!

Best of luck all.......

Spang