Anyone heard from Stanford recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PGL

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Stanford on 2/3, and was just wondering whether anyone who interviewed around that time has heard from them.

Members don't see this ad.

I interview mid-January, and have not heard anything [7wks]. Someone else who was interviewed on the same day got rejected a few weeks ago.

It seems that most people who are admitted heard within a few weeks [2-4]. I don't know what's going on...

You might be on hold (between an accept and a waitlist).

Or, maybe your interviewers have really slacked off about returning interview reports.

Since this Thursday has passed, I guess it's another week of waiting...

Members don't see this ad :)
is stanford still interviewing for this year?

Bob Dole - do you know who often the committee meets? I was just curious why you thought I might be on hold...thanks.

It's only 1am in California, I might still get the call tonight...

+pissed+ :( :mad:

I'm still pre-interview at Stanford. Called them last week and they said they're sending letters now and interviewing til the end of April (how late is that?!). My friend just got an invite.

Good luck all :)

Coming up on 8 weeks after the interview this Thursday, still heard nothing...

Has anyone tried calling them or anything? I have not, but I get the impression they will not be real excited to get the "What's the status of my application" call...has anyone dealt with this?

Originally posted by PGL
Bob Dole - do you know who often the committee meets? I was just curious why you thought I might be on hold...thanks.

The committee meets every thursday. So everyone who has interviewed there camps out by the phone thurs evening(usually the committee gets to your file the 2nd thursday after you interview). No phone call means one of two things...you were rejected(or possibly immediately waitlisted) and will get a letter in the mail next week or you were held over to be reviewed again and compared to more applicants(this is better than being rejected but it puts you in limbo because now every thursday is nervewracking).

The way Stanford is with giving people the axe...you aren't necessarily in a bad place. At least you did not get the immediate rejection. They are extremely quick with those. If they didn't like you ...off with your head type deal! You should have hope in the fact that it means you are actively being considered by the committee.

I think stanf is kinda behind their schedule. When I called Verano 8 weeks after my interview, he told me that the committee did not even review my file yet. It took about 12 weeks for them to send me an acceptance letter. So, I think 8+ weeks of wait does not necessarily mean that you are in a limbo situation.

Thanks for the info.

This process makes no sense. It takes 12 weeks for someone to get an accept and then it takes 2 weeks post interview for my friend to get the rejection letter?

This is why I don't think Stanford is behind schedule. My theory is that they say your file hasn't been reviewed by the committee but it actually means they haven't come to a decision. I think that stanford's definition of "review" is that if they have reviewed a file, then they have come to a decision on it. i don't think it means that they haven't looked at the file at all. Since my friend was rejected so quickly, her file was "reviewed" immediately. I'm sure they looked at other files that day too but if they decided to hold on to any of them, then it means that those files still have not been "reviewed" because they will be held on and looked at again. when they come to a decision on those files they would then be considered "reviewed."

Just my theory. I'm probably talkin out my other hole. :D

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds about right, even though they strongly emphasized the eight week deadline when I was there.

"Three weeks is definitely more likely than eight."

But, I am willing to wait...what choice do I have? It's all cool if I get in ;)

I think UCLAman has a point, and I now believe that the committee looks at extremely bad and particularly good applications early on. People that are in the middle get to wait until the comittee gets sick of seeing our file and makes a decision in comparison to some of the files they have been passing over as well. Tomorrow is Thursday, but all the talk of this war has me more bummed than anxious. Actually I am kind of disgusted with myself because sometimes I selfishly get caught up in this application process, and forget that the world is still turning. Good luck everyone.

I'm sick of this Thursday night business...

Originally posted by Jacobim
I'm sick of this Thursday night business...

Looks like I'll be dealing with the weekly Thursday night parties...quarter to 10 PST and no call. I just hope I don't see a rejection letter in the mail next week.

They call late though...

Did anybody get the lucky phone call last night??

Apparently not...

so weve heard of people getting rejected two weeks after interview, but has anyone heard of anyone getting accepted quickly after their interview also? just curious

Originally posted by 500
so weve heard of people getting rejected two weeks after interview, but has anyone heard of anyone getting accepted quickly after their interview also? just curious

supposedly yes...some people have heard the 2nd or 3rd thurs after interviewing.

So for Stanford Waitlists and rejections the decision comes in a thin business sized envelope, correct?

Also...has anyone gotten or know anyone else that has gotten an acceptance form Stanford without getting a Thursday night phone call?

They just need to accept UCLAMAN and me so we can move on with things.

I was called the 2nd Thursday after my interview on 1/22 and the envelope that arrived was a large one, mostly due to the financial aid info..

......anyway, I hope you both get the call. The good thing about Stanford is that they will give you the boot immediately if they are not interested (much better than waiting), so if you haven't heard anything that is a good sign :clap:

Thanks for the update!

I'm the boss, need the info.

Originally posted by Jacobim
They just need to accept UCLAMAN and me so we can move on with things.

werd up :D