Anyone heard from U of HOuston or TExas TEch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glitterstar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I was wondering if anyone heard from Univ of houston or Texas tech yet. I had my interview at texas tech on Feb 9th. Univ of HOuston, I havent yet recieved an interview. I applied to U of HOuston on Feb 12th. UT austin has still not completed the evaluation of my file, I applied to UT before 1 month!!!! Please advise if anyone can, now getting really worried. How long does it take for these schools to finish the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THanks a bunch guys,
everyone has been cooperative.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!
I interviewed at Texas Tech on Feb.10th and I have not heard anything back yet. I am guessing the admissions committee is not done deciding yet. I do not know about the other schools though, sorry. Good luck!

glitterstar said:
Hi everybody,
I was wondering if anyone heard from Univ of houston or Texas tech yet. I had my interview at texas tech on Feb 9th. Univ of HOuston, I havent yet recieved an interview. I applied to U of HOuston on Feb 12th. UT austin has still not completed the evaluation of my file, I applied to UT before 1 month!!!! Please advise if anyone can, now getting really worried. How long does it take for these schools to finish the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THanks a bunch guys,

I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge:

Tech: Didn't apply there so can't really help ya. All i know is people have interviewd.

UH: Has started sending out interview invites, and it appears they've started sending out rejection letters too(as well as acceptance letters). Some of the rej. letters seem to be before an interview invite. It seems you turned in your application relatively late, maybe that's why you haven't heard from them. They received all my stuff by Jan. 5th, and I interviewed on the Feb. 24th.

UT Austin: Just be patient. It takes a looooooooooooooooooong time before they update everything. Once your file is complete and they've received your college transript from UT(not the COP), you'll get an email telling you that all your stuff is there. As far as I know they've only interviewed one weekend. Feb.17/18. No invites have been sent for any other dates.... but there is speculation that it will be at the end of march, beginning of april. With UT, you have no choice but to be patient.

You might not need this info anymore.... but Hope that helps, good luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
glitterstar said:
Hi everybody,
THanks a bunch guys,

Hi glitterstar,

I interviewed with Tech on feb. 3rd... and still havent heard anything. One of my friends thats a P2 at tech, interviewed in the first round of early admissions in 2004 and didnt hear from them until March of that year. So even though they said they'll let us know in 2 wks, i dont think that really holds true... so I'm thinking in the next 2 wks we should hear something.

I interviewed with Houston, but I had submitted my apps early dec. I hope u will hear soon from them.

And itoohaveadream is correct --- U just have to be really patient with UT. One of the P1s there told me she didnt hear from UT until a wk before school started... so saying that.. Good Luck with everything and just be patient, and maybe contact the school to check on your status --- except if they specifically say not to.

Texas Tech has sent out acceptance notifications for the first batch of interviewees (those interviewed on Feb. 3 and Feb. 10), so if you haven't heard by now, you didn't make the first cut (like me). The second group of interviewees (the remainder of those interviewed in the second half of Feb.) and the 18 souls who didn't make it on the first cut will be reviewed later this week.

They will continue now to interview the regular admissions people and will continue to consider anyone who interviewed previously on a regular basis:the acceptance committee will meet about every 2-3 weeks to pass judgment.

With respect to UT. They are simply goofy. I have had all my materials into the COP since Feb. 1 and STILL haven't gotten any notification that everything is in order. I am bombarding them with e-mails, etc., but still haven't heard back from them. If responsiveness to applicants was considered as a ranking criterion by US News & World Report, I'm sure UT would fall rapidly from their present no. 2 position.

Who gave you this information that they only selected 6 people from the first cut of 48 people? i hope this is not true!

CatSpam said:
Texas Tech has sent out acceptance notifications for the first batch of interviewees (those interviewed on Feb. 3 and Feb. 10), so if you haven't heard by now, you didn't make the first cut (like me). The second group of interviewees (the remainder of those interviewed in the second half of Feb.) and the 18 souls who didn't make it on the first cut will be reviewed later this week.

They will continue now to interview the regular admissions people and will continue to consider anyone who interviewed previously on a regular basis:the acceptance committee will meet about every 2-3 weeks to pass judgment.

With respect to UT. They are simply goofy. I have had all my materials into the COP since Feb. 1 and STILL haven't gotten any notification that everything is in order. I am bombarding them with e-mails, etc., but still haven't heard back from them. If responsiveness to applicants was considered as a ranking criterion by US News & World Report, I'm sure UT would fall rapidly from their present no. 2 position.

glitterstar said:
Who gave you this information that they only selected 6 people from the first cut of 48 people? i hope this is not true!

You misunderstood: They selected 30 people from the first 48 people interviewed during the first two weeks in Feb. The remaining 18 people will be reconsidered this week along with the group of people who interviewed during the last two weeks of Feb.

I will review my previous message to double check my wording and will correct any errors.

Sorry for spooking anybody.

CatSpam said:
You misunderstood: They selected 30 people from the first 48 people interviewed during the first two weeks in Feb. The remaining 18 people will be reconsidered this week along with the group of people who interviewed during the last two weeks of Feb.

I will review my previous message to double check my wording and will correct any errors.

Sorry for spooking anybody.

Yes, I understand now CatSpam, but my question is did u call them or how did u know this? B'cuz I called them before 2 weeks on Friday 24th and they said, they dont know when they are meeting and they are unsure yet when the committee will meet...
so do u have any proof that someone got accepted?

pLease let m e know. I do know we were informed that they will meet after 2 weeks right from our interview date. But then this is the information i received from Texas TEch.

THanks

Yes, I e-mailed Linda Goldstein because I was anxious about not seeing any status change at the application web site. She informed me that the decision with respect to admission of those interviewed in the first two weeks of Feb. had been made and that my name wasn't on that list of acceptees, but told me I would be reconsidered later this week along with the people who interviewed in the latter half of Feb. and all those who were passed over after the first decision. We remain under consideration for the remainder of the application period until such time as they officially inform us that we are rejected.

According to Linda, the committee will meet every "two to three weeks" from here on out.

CatSpam said:
Yes, I e-mailed Linda Goldstein because I was anxious about not seeing any status change at the application web site. She informed me that the decision with respect to admission of those interviewed in the first two weeks of Feb. had been made and that my name wasn't on that list of acceptees, but told me I would be reconsidered later this week along with the people who interviewed in the latter half of Feb. and all those who were passed over after the first decision. We remain under consideration for the remainder of the application period until such time as they officially inform us that we are rejected.

According to Linda, the committee will meet every "two to three weeks" from here on out.

Wow I had no idea of this. I really thought they havent picked anyone yet, specially since I didnt see any posts from the SDN folks. I would think one of us would def. be accepted in the first round! :eek:

Thanks for sharing this info. Its good to know.

Genuine said:
Wow I had no idea of this. I really thought they havent picked anyone yet, specially since I didnt see any posts from the SDN folks. I would think one of us would def. be accepted in the first round! :eek:

Thanks for sharing this info. Its good to know.
I thought so too! So surprised that on one in this forum was admitted, of course that includes me :p
I so envy you Genuine, I dream to be admitted by UH, my interview is this coming Friday and I am so afraid that I will screw it up again.

But...but...but...

Damn.

Thanks for bumming me out, Charles. :(

Oh well, it's not over until it's over.

that1guy said:
But...but...but...

Damn.

Thanks for bumming me out, Charles. :(

Oh well, it's not over until it's over.

... so like, which school do u reallly want to go to? Ur first choice

Members don't see this ad :)
ding said:
I thought so too! So surprised that on one in this forum was admitted, of course that includes me :p
I so envy you Genuine, I dream to be admitted by UH, my interview is this coming Friday and I am so afraid that I will screw it up again.

Hey Ding, I will be having my interview at UH this coming Friday too! I hope that you will do well!
"He has not learned a lesson in life who does not everyday surmount a fear" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

4KhazModan said:
Hey Ding, I will be having my interview at UH this coming Friday too! I hope that you will do well!
"He has not learned a lesson in life who does not everyday surmount a fear" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
Thanks 4KhazModan! I wish you good luck too!
I guess we will see each other there, that feels good, friend from SDN :)

ding said:

Good Luck ding... I'm sure u'll do fine. Just prepare well on the Qs listed on SDN... and pm me if u have any specific Qs. Have u interviewed at UH before?

Good Luck!

friday at UH for me.

i don't know how people do a million job interviews. i'm sick of interviews.

CatSpam said:

that blows. i was thinking that they hadn't made a decision yet. ok there has to be more than 18 people on SDN that hasn't heard from tech yet from their feb 3 or 10 interview.

..maybe.

vicky336 said:
that blows. i was thinking that they hadn't made a decision yet. ok there has to be more than 18 people on SDN that hasn't heard from tech yet from their feb 3 or 10 interview.

..maybe.

Yeah i'm totally shocked!!! Just doesnt seem possible... not even 1 person from SDN!!! But I guess it happened.

Yeah i hear you about getting sick of interviewing... i only interviewed at 3 places... and 3rd place being UT - the second i wrote my final word for their essay i was like "ahhhhhh finally i'm done" :D

Good Luck on UH... Hope it goes well for you.

One more comment: I believe all of you should check for yourselves about your admissions status. I too think that it's very odd that none of the SDN folk were selected. Those of you whom I met I felt were the cream of the crop and were shoe-ins.

You should contact Linda Goldstein at the SOP. She is very responsive and informative. I suggest all of you either call or e-mail her to get your own story first hand rather than relying on this forum.

Linda's e-mail address is: [email protected].

Itoohaveadream said:
... so like, which school do u reallly want to go to? Ur first choice

Just hoping for options.

One more comment: I believe all of you should check for yourselves about your admissions status. I too think that it's very odd that none of the SDN folk were selected. Those of you whom I met I felt were the cream of the crop and were shoe-ins.

You should contact Linda Goldstein at the SOP. She is very responsive and informative. I suggest all of you either call or e-mail her to get your own story first hand rather than relying on this forum.

Linda's e-mail address is: [email protected].

ding said:

i'l be there too - good luck and rest up for the event.

ding said:

i'l be there too - good luck :luck: and rest up :sleep: for the event.

ok i emailed linda goldstein.

all she would tell me was letters would go in the mail today.

SOOOO no one has heard from them because they haven't mailed it yet.

no worries guys.

Check your application status on Texas Tech website... I see that they extended offer to some people. :)

Genuine said:
Check your application status on Texas Tech website... I see that they extended offer to some people. :)
Congratulations to you and that1guy! :thumbup: ... I can't wait to hear from a school. If all went well in Houston, I should hear from them next week... :scared: .... BUT congrats you guyz again :)

Itoohaveadream said:
Congratulations to you and that1guy! :thumbup: ... I can't wait to hear from a school. If all went well in Houston, I should hear from them next week... :scared: .... BUT congrats you guyz again :)

I called Linda Goldstein, she said that I should watch for mail. I asked her whether my name was in the acceptee list, she said, I just need to watch my mail.

Itoohaveadream said:

Thank You! Good Luck to you too --- I hope u hear from Houston soon :)

glitterstar said:
I called Linda Goldstein, she said that I should watch for mail. I asked her whether my name was in the acceptee list, she said, I just need to watch my mail.

Did u try to check your status online? --- at the login for app. page. I thought they update that as well, but I may be wrong.

Good Luck to you.

Guys and gals, it's there! The online "Accept Offer" link!

It's funny that I was called by a boy I know at the interview when I was driving a while ago, he said he saw it online. Then I told him there was this "chaos" here on SDN yesterday, I kind of expected something happen today :p

Good luck to everyone!

Can anyone give me the Texas Tech "accept offer" link or give me some directions on how to find it? Thanks.

b3b3cuti3 said:
Can anyone give me the Texas Tech "accept offer" link or give me some directions on how to find it? Thanks.

It's the same link that u went to for selecting an interview date.

Try this --- I'm not sure if this will work... U'll need your SSN and the 6 digit pin:
https://www.techsis.admin.ttu.edu/student/ia-bin/tsrvweb.exe?LoginCd=0&tserve_trans_config=mstulog.cfg&WID=W&tserve_tip_write=||WID&tserve_host_code=HostZero&tserve_tiphost_code=TipZero

i withdrew my application from houston!! good luck everyone!

:D :D