Anyone heard from UMDNJ or NYCOM lately?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedgirl06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone received an interview invite in the last week or so from UMDNJ or NYCOM?

Do they keep interviewing until the END of may?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

interviewing @ UMDNJ on the 11th

confusedgirl06 said:
Do they keep interviewing until the END of may?

NYCOM interviews November-May and they begin taking people (like me :D ) off their waitlist in June so I think that means they interview until the end of the month.

Members don't see this ad :)
jasonud,
any love from any other schools you applied to?

NYCOM definetely interviews late, but they also accept alot more people. Also, it seems they take exactly 4-5 weeks to get back to you. I got in but have given up my NYCOM seat for UMDNJ...hope someone gets it soon!!!! I didnt know UMDNJ was still interviewing because we just had our accepted students day on march 31st,but who knows. There were def. not 95 people there that day. Good luck to everyone:)

Hey confusedgirl, I got an interview invite for NYCOM about 2 weeks ago, so they are still sending them out. I applied fairly late, but still. I declined the interview because I was just about to withdraw my app anyway for my UNECOM acceptance :) Hope that helps! Good Luck :luck:

bkpa2med said:
jasonud,
any love from any other schools you applied to?

Nope!
NYCOM: interview then waitlist
LECOM: rejection with letter telling me to apply to their postbac
NOVA: rejection
KCOM: rejection with letter telling me to apply to their grad school
PCOM: still waiting
Touro-MI: still waiting

I decided I really want to be a DO so I didn't apply to any MDs (not that I would have gotten in) or the caribbean

NYCOM is my top choice anyway because I'm really missing being away from home so I'm not too bumed about the other schools but it would have been nice to get some lovin' from them! If I don't get off the waitlist I'll work, pay off my student loans, and retake the MCAT.

Keep declining those NYCOM seats so I can get in!! :D :D

start prayin I get into UMDNJ-SOM and my seat at NYCOM is all yours!

JasonUD said:
Nope!
NYCOM: interview then waitlist
LECOM: rejection with letter telling me to apply to their postbac
NOVA: rejection
KCOM: rejection with letter telling me to apply to their grad school
PCOM: still waiting
Touro-MI: still waiting

I decided I really want to be a DO so I didn't apply to any MDs (not that I would have gotten in) or the caribbean

NYCOM is my top choice anyway because I'm really missing being away from home so I'm not too bumed about the other schools but it would have been nice to get some lovin' from them! If I don't get off the waitlist I'll work, pay off my student loans, and retake the MCAT.

Keep declining those NYCOM seats so I can get in!! :D :D