Anyone heard from Univ of Maryland and UMDNJ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

john8705

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied to 20 schools and I haven't heard anything from University of Maryland and UMDNJ. All the other schools have notified me that they have received my application. I was wondering if anybody got any notification from those two schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from University of Maryland first time yesterday morning (Tuesday). It was just an automated email about the reciept of my application and said that now it was sent for Commitee review. I have not applied to the other university... Oh and I was in second batch, if that helps to know. You should hear from them soon! :)

I have received an email from UMARYLAND on July, 26th. It is a receipt of my application and it is now forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review.

Dear *** ****:

Your application has been processed and your admissions file has been forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review.

Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we respectfully request that you do not contact our office to check on the status of your application at this time. Our office will contact you if additional information is required.

Sincerely,

The Office of Admissions
University of Maryland School of Dentistry

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same email July 25th,
I'm in the second batch

I got the same email from Maryland today (8/1/12) and I'm from the 5th batch.

I got one on the 26th from Maryland too. They then sent me one yesterday requesting payment and now it says the same thing NancyPham's email says.

Received the same email as NancyPham 7/26. I'm a fourth batcher.

got the same two emails on 7/25

I was in the fourth batch of applications that went out. On July 24th, I received an email from UMDNJ-NJDS that just acknowledged the receipt of my application and to send the $85 fee. UMDNJ was actually the last school I heard from a week or so after my apps went in. Hope that helps!

received same correspondences mentioned above, called umdnj admissions- they said interviews are going out mid aug

There is no supplemental app for Maryland is there? I check their app requirements section and they didn't mention anything. I called but didn't reach a person.

Sorry for the thread-jacking!

There is no supplemental app for Maryland is there? I check their app requirements section and they didn't mention anything. I called but didn't reach a person.

Sorry for the thread-jacking!

Not of any that I'm aware of. Also when you call, is the person who picks up the phone usually the person who is able to answer the questions? Thread-jacking.

My application was mailed out today, and I received confirmation of receipt from UMDNJ just now.

I'm a little confused though. I was under the impression that UMDNJ did not require the official DAT scores from ADA, but this part of the email is making me think otherwise:

"Your DAT scores must be released by you through the American Dental Association (ADA) so that we may retrieve your scores. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail."

Did you guys send official score report to NJDS?