SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anyone heard of 50 essays for medical school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by biophysicbadass, Jul 2, 2002.

1. biophysicbadass

biophysicbadass Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2001
    Hey guys,
    my friend told me about a book called 50 essays for medical school admissions or something like that. I did a search everywhere and can't find it, anyone know abou this book?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping. 10+ Year Member

It's a barrons book, and I think it is title, 50 essays that will get you into med school. Absolutely great book.

4. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen 10+ Year Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Hospital
    i have a feeling if you copy it, those med schools will notice :)

5. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Guitarman for President 7+ Year Member

May 21, 2002
    Chicago
    It is a Barron's book, called "Essays that will get you into medical school" It does have 50 sample essays, and the idea is not to copy them, but to broaden your thinking about how to write your own essay. The book also has a lot of advice about writing and style so you don't compose some hackneyed doggerel. It's a 10 dollar book, and well worth the money. The only problem is, if you are trying to apply right now, this book might make you obsess over your personal statement and delay your application. The title is correct, I used it and got into 75% of the schools too which I applied.

6. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 11, 2001
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GuitarMan:
    <strong>It is a Barron's book, called "Essays that will get you into medical school" It does have 50 sample essays, and the idea is not to copy them, but to broaden your thinking about how to write your own essay. The book also has a lot of advice about writing and style so you don't compose some hackneyed doggerel. It's a 10 dollar book, and well worth the money. The only problem is, if you are trying to apply right now, this book might make you obsess over your personal statement and delay your application. The title is correct, I used it and got into 75% of the schools too which I applied.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it's actually 40 essays, not 50 essays. i just picked up a copy a month ago at barnesnoble.