Anyone heard of 50 essays for medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biophysicbadass

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
my friend told me about a book called 50 essays for medical school admissions or something like that. I did a search everywhere and can't find it, anyone know abou this book?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a barrons book, and I think it is title, 50 essays that will get you into med school. Absolutely great book.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a Barron's book, called "Essays that will get you into medical school" It does have 50 sample essays, and the idea is not to copy them, but to broaden your thinking about how to write your own essay. The book also has a lot of advice about writing and style so you don't compose some hackneyed doggerel. It's a 10 dollar book, and well worth the money. The only problem is, if you are trying to apply right now, this book might make you obsess over your personal statement and delay your application. The title is correct, I used it and got into 75% of the schools too which I applied.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by GuitarMan:
•It is a Barron's book, called "Essays that will get you into medical school" It does have 50 sample essays, and the idea is not to copy them, but to broaden your thinking about how to write your own essay. The book also has a lot of advice about writing and style so you don't compose some hackneyed doggerel. It's a 10 dollar book, and well worth the money. The only problem is, if you are trying to apply right now, this book might make you obsess over your personal statement and delay your application. The title is correct, I used it and got into 75% of the schools too which I applied.•••••it's actually 40 essays, not 50 essays. i just picked up a copy a month ago at barnesnoble.