Anyone heard of Northeastern University's PostBac PreMed Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atran017

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just received an acceptance from Northeastern University to their post bac pre med program. The website offers little information with regard to the success rate/MCAT preparation/Advisory committee, etc. In spite of this, I have heard great things from professors about the University and their excellence/dedication to teaching students. I am hoping someone here has some information about this program.

Here's the website: http://www.cps.neu.edu/premed/

I am trying to decide between VCU, DU, Northeastern and one SMP (EVMS - on waitlist :xf:). Honestly, I need to repair undergrade freshman courses so I don't think an SMP is the right choice at the moment.

Thanks!

A.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I just received an acceptance from Northeastern University to their post bac pre med program. The website offers little information with regard to the success rate/MCAT preparation/Advisory committee, etc. In spite of this, I have heard great things from professors about the University and their excellence/dedication to teaching students. I am hoping someone here has some information about this program.

Here's the website: http://www.cps.neu.edu/premed/

I am trying to decide between VCU, DU, Northeastern and one SMP (EVMS - on waitlist :xf:). Honestly, I need to repair undergrade freshman courses so I don't think an SMP is the right choice at the moment.

Thanks!

A.

Hey, I had applied there as well, not heard anything yet. Do you mind if I ask how and when did you hear from them? Thank you. Congrats!!

There is a thread called Northeastern post-bacc?? that may provide the info that you want. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey, I had applied there as well, not heard anything yet. Do you mind if I ask how and when did you hear from them? Thank you. Congrats!!

There is a thread called Northeastern post-bacc?? that may provide the info that you want. Good luck!

Hey,

Actually, I applied Late Feb to Early March and only heard back from them on the 30th of March stating that I can check my online application for my decision on April 1st....I was really quite surprised I got in since, I have a science back ground and will require remedial courses to fix some lower grades....luck was on my side I suppose :luck: Best of luck to you, let me know how it goes.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

A.