Anyone here been on hold at Finch and then got an acceptance in June or July?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NUgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im wondering how much of a chance "hold" people have. Or does Finch give preference to the newly interviewed people? :confused:

Anyone have a success story?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably not in July. Check the AAMC traffic rules, but as I understand them...at this point in time, before you are offered an acceptance, the school potentially offering contacts the school you are currently holding. At that point, they confirm that you have not begun classes there. If classes have begun, then the new school does not make the offer. I'm becoming more and more convinced that Finch's early start date is purely designed to force people into matriculating.

I don't think there are many CMS students on SDN...I've posted two threads already to meet people and no one has responded on the Allo forum. :rolleyes:

I think you should keep writing letters to remind them of your interest. Pester them gently :wink:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't go there but at my school someone came of the waitlist one week before school started. I would not count on this happening but you never know.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctora Foxy:
•I don't think there are many CMS students on SDN...I've posted two threads already to meet people and no one has responded on the Allo forum. :rolleyes:

I think you should keep writing letters to remind them of your interest. Pester them gently :wink: •••••Yeah, there doesnt seem to be many CMS people in this forum. Oh well. Im just going crazy with the wait.

I sent them a letter of update about a couple of weeks ago, so Im prob not going to send them anything else.

Even though they say they have an unranked list, I think that it has to be ranked in some way because it would be stupid for them to review more than 100 files at every meeting!!! And its also unfair if your file doesnt get reviewed if its all the way at the bottom, just by chance. So there has to be some system, right?!?

NUGirl, I don't think it could hurt to send them a new short letter just to say you're still interested. If they interviewed you, you meet their criteria for an acceptance. At this point in time, they are looking for people who want to go there. Let them know that they are your first choice and their traditional curriculum is a perfect match for you, you're from the area and want to stay close to family, you felt at home there, etc etc etc.....just let them know you are still interested every so often. As far as they know, you could have 10 waitlists and have lost interest....so keep up the love letters! :)Best of luck!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctora Foxy:
•NUGirl, I don't think it could hurt to send them a new short letter just to say you're still interested. If they interviewed you, you meet their criteria for an acceptance. At this point in time, they are looking for people who want to go there. Let them know that they are your first choice and their traditional curriculum is a perfect match for you, you're from the area and want to stay close to family, you felt at home there, etc etc etc.....just let them know you are still interested every so often. As far as they know, you could have 10 waitlists and have lost interest....so keep up the love letters! :)Best of luck!•••••Thanks for the support Doctora Foxy! :)

I might just send them another letter REALLY soon. I just dont know how much it will help cause the guy just told me that they dont review files randomly. They review based on the strongest scores (MCAT, interview, and GPA). My MCAT may hold me back from ever being reviewed again unfortunately.

NUGirl...dont get discouraged. CMS seems to have a large turnover in terms of people withdrawing, etc so I think Foxy is right...if you show them you're interested in attending, then that's gotta count for something. Keep at it and anything you can send as an update can help and can't really hurt you any. Dont worry....there is definitely still time

oh and yeah I do agree that there doesnt seem to be a lot of people from CMS on SDN...and if they're around they dont seem to check in very often. No matter...Foxy, you, me FU/CMS and the new generation (class of 2006) can hopefully change that!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by DesiMDHopeful:
•oh and yeah I do agree that there doesnt seem to be a lot of people from CMS on SDN...and if they're around they dont seem to check in very often. !•••••No matter...Foxy, you, me FU/CMS and the new generation (class of 2006) can hopefully change that![/QB][/QUOTE]

Seems like the crew up in north chicago is really hitting it.

there are CMS kids on SDN. some just don't like to post.

but for reals. i'm trying to rep for CMS and put it on the map...