Anyone here didn't match this year in EM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rs2006

student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If so, what are you gonna do?

Members don't see this ad.

Your question is a little old by about 2 1/2 weeks, and quite frankly it is like puring salt on a wound for those unfortunate folks. Do a search.

Oh hell I'll bite.

Hi, my name is ST, and I didn't Match. I've got a prelim year of surgery this year and next year I'll retry. There are other Scramblers like me out there, but I'll let them reveal themselves when and if they choose.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure of the point here either, but like ST...
My name is nocallaochicas, and I didn't match.

"If so, what are you gonna do?"

Prelim medicine. Are you wondering about what else can be done? Why are you asking?

Well, there it is. I feel part of the SDN EM non-matching club. I am really waiting for next year when this club dissolves!
ncc

Well, there it is. I feel part of the SDN EM non-matching club. I am really waiting for next year when this club dissolves!
ncc

I'm really hoping that I've only purchased a 1-year membership in this club. Don't take it personally, NCC, but I don't want to be here with you again next year! :laugh:

I'm really hoping that I've only purchased a 1-year membership in this club. Don't take it personally, NCC, but I don't want to be here with you again next year! :laugh:

Oh, the club WILL BE DISBANDED. Or SOMEONE will encounter some SoCute wrath. Which is a LOT scarier than it sounds.

I'm backing SoCute up on this one, she's 110 lbs. :)

Hey guys, sorry I'm late.
Uh, I'm going to travel to SE Asia and learn holistic medicine.
Wait, no, I'm doing a prelim surgery year. Also, I am calling places to find out what I need to change, because obviously I didn't do something right this year.

Having never met you, you might indeed be very overweight even at 107. If you happen to be 3 feet tall that would put you right at a BMI of 58, which meets the standards for being morbidly obese.

I mentioned it before.... I didnt match. I almost took a spot in a low end EM program in the scramble but decided against it. ( thank you God) I regrouped. Did a transitional year composed of a lot of ICU and ED time at a large university hospital. I had no problems getting into my first pick 2-3-4 EM program.

It aint over unless you want it to be

I mentioned it before.... I didnt match. I almost took a spot in a low end EM program in the scramble but decided against it. ( thank you God) I regrouped. Did a transitional year composed of a lot of ICU and ED time at a large university hospital. I had no problems getting into my first pick 2-3-4 EM program.

It aint over unless you want it to be

I may be misunderstanding your timeline here, Fiskus, but...

What did you do during the year between your transistional year and first year in the 234?

ncc

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't take it personally, NCC, but I don't want to be here with you again next year! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Me too! Let's share the club presidency (with the accidental surgeon Ninja, if he wants) this year and then get expelled from the club in March of '08!
:luck:

Guys, I'd keep an eye on the residency vacancy section at saem.org (got to the website, click on residency tab on left, and there is a link to residency vacancy service on the next page.

Most are for upper years, but in years past, I have seen some intern jobs come up.. it's like a late 2nd chance at scramble. And I think you will be able to get a release from your prelim years under these circumstances if you have an understanding PD.

Good luck.

I actually saw a PGY1 spot there the other day. I for get where it was...worth checking out...

Oh, the club WILL BE DISBANDED. Or SOMEONE will encounter some SoCute wrath. Which is a LOT scarier than it sounds.

Yeah...wear shin guards, cuz that's all that she can reach.

I actually saw a PGY1 spot there the other day. I for get where it was...worth checking out...

Yo guys...spot is open at Case Western. Get on the horn. It's listed twice...don't know if that means 1 or 2 spots.

Yo guys...spot is open at Case Western. Get on the horn. It's listed twice...don't know if that means 1 or 2 spots.

Go, go, go, go!!!! Hope someone on SDN gets it!

Oh hell I'll bite.

Hi, my name is ST, and I didn't Match. I've got a prelim year of surgery this year and next year I'll retry. There are other Scramblers like me out there, but I'll let them reveal themselves when and if they choose.

I'll also bite on this one. I was able to scramble into a Prelim Surg year and will the in the reapp boat for the following year. Good luck to all of you out there :thumbup:

PS - it looks like there is an open spot in Cleveland. Thanks to SolidGold for the link:

Case Western Reserve University/MetroHealth Medical Center
Cleveland, Ohio
Email: [email protected]
FAX: 216-778-5349
Department of Emergency Medicine
2500 MetroHealth Drive
BG3-61
Cleveland, OH 44109-1998
216-778-5088

OPENING FOR (1) EM 1-July 1, 2007 Start Date
Program Director: Jeffrey Pennington, M.D.
Case Western Reserve University/MetroHealth Medical Center has one EM1 position available for July 1, 2007. We are a 3-year categorical emergency medicine residency and the program has full accreditation from ACGME. The affiliated hospital is Cleveland Clinic. Applicants must submit USMLE/COMLEX scores, part 1 and 2, current CV, personal statement, a minimum of 2 letters of recommendation preferably from Emergency Medicine physicians, & medical school transcripts. Preferred applicants passed licensure exams on 1st attempt and successfully completed an Emergency Medicine rotation in medical school. If currently in a residency, prior to any interviews, a letter from current program director acknowledging applicant’s intent to leave the program must be received. Send all documents to Denise Catalano at the address above. Faxes and email messages are accepted.

:laugh: :laugh: Me too! Let's share the club presidency (with the accidental surgeon Ninja, if he wants) this year and then get expelled from the club in March of '08!
:luck:
I have no problem with sharing the presidency. I may contact CWRU once I am not stuck on this island.

Does anyone know anything about this job? I actually applied for it (threw together an application form the day before my exam, stayed up all night doing it). The lady is really hard to reach but I just wanted to know when you find out if they have considered your application and rejected or offered an interview? It would be a real long shot, especially considering I didn't go through the match last cycle, but figured I might as well try.

I think I know you Sweet Tea and I know you should have matched. I will go to bat for you next year as well. We have to rescue you from that hellacious service known as surgery. I wish all of you success as you reapply. Do not give up, please... :thumbup:

Apparently the CWRU spot is one that they found funding for after the match cycle had gone through. No one left the program. Also, there's only one spot, not 2 like listed on SAEM.

I think I know you Sweet Tea and I know you should have matched. I will go to bat for you next year as well. We have to rescue you from that hellacious service known as surgery. I wish all of you success as you reapply. Do not give up, please... :thumbup:

I KNOW YOU!!! You have Mac envy. :smuggrin:

Wait a minute. I need to end up in that area too, as my wife is there now. That's a lot of batting.

Wait a minute. I need to end up in that area too, as my wife is there now. That's a lot of batting.

I guess you interviewed with us then... Care to PM me where you wife is in residency :) I wish you luck as well, no one should be separated from their spouse.... well, actually, I can think of many patients that need to be but you get the point. Hope to see you soon.

I'll bite too.

I didn't match this year...will be doing a Prelim surg year next year at a "humane" program. Surgeons are friendly. You get to do surgeries as a PGY1 and it's not all floorwork. Will be reapplying next year.