Anyone here ever had their CME audited by the state?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podvam

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was just curious what the process was like for you? How long after your license renewal did you get audited if you recall that? Easy or difficult? Did they call anything in particular into question when you submitted your documentation? How long did it take total to get it behind you?

Also side question.... Does anyone have any suggestions for getting free cat 1 or 2 CMEs virtually?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Michigan does that... just lets ppl renew, then audits probably 5 or 10% of them. Some people have never been audited in 30yrs, others twice in 10yrs.

As was said, just save scans of your CME certs. It was no big deal. I think I got the audit paper 3-6mo after renew (it is 3yr cycles there).

Members don't see this ad :)
Never been audited but I keep all the certificates on dropbox for the past 6 years.

For cme I use the following:

1) Present Podiatry Webinars
2) ASPS Free Webinars
3) Woundcon every year
Free webinars? Now that I don't get free CME money I care about crap like this

you can also contact your local residency/fellowship program and see if their academics qualify for CME credit if you participate.

you can get often get 2-4 hours per month.

I’m considering learning more about diabetes complications management, not that I wanna manage them per se but because a lot of my practice have diabetes. Would my CME credits from family practice lectures count for podiatry boards? Or does this vary state by state?

Free webinars? Now that I don't get free CME money I care about crap like this
Smith and Nephew used to give out a sheet containing links to almost 20 hours worth of lectures on wound care.

I think Feli's description matches my state also. A certain % of people are audited each year. You produce certificates and its over. Texas at least very specifically spells out expectations if you are deficient on CME for getting back up to speed.

Just checked and my state is requiring 3 of the 40 hours on opioids. Fortunately NIH has some free stuff through CME university.

NEJM has free opioid CME also

Reactions: 1 user
Never been audited but I keep all the certificates on dropbox for the past 6 years.

For cme I use the following:

1) Present Podiatry Webinars
2) ASPS Free Webinars
3) Woundcon every year

Never used Present podiatry before, do you use them every year? Do you recommend it or is it garbage content? I usually have a local state conference that covers all my needs but need a backup since I’m gonna be missing it this year