Anyone here from St John Fisher?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Henderson said to Hasselbalch - "Too good not to bump".

where do you come up with these things???

PS: pretty sure they've started inviting applicants for interviews :)

Members don't see this ad.

I recieved an email today (Wednesday) saying that they are interviewing students in the coming weeks and gave me a number to call to set up a visit. Unfortunately I read the email too late to call, well at least I will still be up at around 8 this morning and can call then.

From that one song Dr. Zhao played in Principles of Pharm Sci about the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation.

So I was right to bump it. When are we drinking? Ackj and I will bring the electric lemonade.

Members don't see this ad :)
How competitive of a school is St John Fisher admissions?

Well obviously not that competitive if they let someone like IrishHammer right??? :laugh: jk jk jk

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolstjohnfisherpage.htm

This shows you the avg gpa and competitive pcat score was 3.4 and 80 percentile.
• Estimated percent of males in 2009 Entering Class: 50%
• Estimated percent of females in 2009 Entering Class: 50%

Actually, we have 32 males and 44 females, so 42.10% male and 57.89% female. I may actually have nothing better to do with my time.

• Estimated percent of males in 2009 Entering Class: 50%
• Estimated percent of females in 2009 Entering Class: 50%

Actually, we have 32 males and 44 females, so 42.10% male and 57.89% female. I may actually have nothing better to do with my time.

Hobbies are great. :smuggrin:

I got an interview. Haven't scheduled it yet (will do that tomorrow).

I have an interview on Friday, Jan 22 at 9:45. Anyone doing the tours/lunch that day?

Since it's pretty early, I think I could go to the interview and still get back to UB in time for class at 4:00 lol

i received a weird email today.... sounds like a interview invite, but then all they ask is "are interested in coming to visit our campus", and they didn't say you are invited for an interview, i guess its interview but it sounds more like a tour or something, well either way i will decline and withdraw tomorrow, good luck to everyone else whos going

Members don't see this ad :)
Heh heh heh...heh heh heh. :smuggrin:

Guess who's doing the tour that day?
You signed up to do them? I put myself on the list, but I didn't sign up for any dates yet.

Good luck to all applicants, hopefully will be seeing you soon.

Heh heh heh...heh heh heh. :smuggrin:

Guess who's doing the tour that day?

Dang you're giving the tour...I dont even know where everything is yet. I'd feel so lost giving the tour of the whole campus...

I received an email saying the school's scheduling interviews the next few weeks. It said if I am interested in getting an interview that I should call a number they gave. I am not sure if this is an interview invite since they did not say anything like you are invited to interview? Did everyone else who got invites get an explicit invite or was it vague like mine? Thanks!

I received an email saying the school's scheduling interviews the next few weeks. It said if I am interested in getting an interview that I should call a number they gave. I am not sure if this is an interview invite since they did not say anything like you are invited to interview? Did everyone else who got invites get an explicit invite or was it vague like mine? Thanks!
Congrats!! You definitely have an interview. You call the number and then they will give you any possible dates to choose form.

Mine said: " I am writing from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy at St. John Fisher College in Rochester, New York. We are happy to have received your PharmCAS application, and are currently scheduling interviews for the upcoming weeks. If you are interested in coming to Rochester to visit our campus, please call me at (585)899-3821 to discuss the dates we have available and to set up an appointment. I can normally be reached between the hours of 7am and 4pm. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!"

thanks desmoulins!!

Does anyone know if a lot of people who applied get interviews or are the invites selective?

Last edited:
thanks desmoulins!!

Does anyone know if a lot of people who applied get interviews or are the invites selective?
If I remember correctly, for our class (2013) we had 3500 applications, 250 interviews, 75 seats. So if you have an interview invite, you've pretty much got a 1 in 3 shot.

I shall go up to every SJF student and yell "IRISH HAMMER!!!!! IS THAT YOU?"

I'm a fairly tall blonde female. When I show up to give the tour, feel free to walk right up to me and say "Hi, Irish Hammer!"

Last edited:
What time are you guys getting lunch? If its after pharmaceutics, I'll come along with you. I'm free until around 12:45 and then there's a patient counseling thing tomorrow.

I'm a fairly tall blonde female. When I show up to give the tour, feel free to walk right up to me and say "Hi, Irish Hammer!"
Walk up to you? So boring:sleep::sleep::sleep:
I'll just yell across the room.
Nothing like crazed yelling to spice up the interview :D When I get a bunch of weird looks, I'll just say us Buffalo folks ain't shy:D

lolol...you should have posted a picture of pankaskie :p

Irish Hammer - I didn't see you during hte tour. You should have taken the later tour :laugh:

And all you SJF people - how can you have every freaking kind of ice cream but chocolate? I mean, the chocolate chip cookie dough was delicious but come on :rolleyes:

What no chocolate ice cream!!!! Darn it I am going to cancel my thursday interview.

What no chocolate ice cream!!!! Darn it I am going to cancel my thursday interview.
They did have vanilla with snickers in it, christmas cookie and like 10 other flavors but no ****ing chocolate. :thumbdown:

Question for people already going to Fisher or already accepted for next year: How long did it take for admissions to get back to you after your interview with an answer? Also were you contacted by email, telephone, regular mail? Thanks!

Question for people already going to Fisher or already accepted for next year: How long did it take for admissions to get back to you after your interview with an answer? Also were you contacted by email, telephone, regular mail? Thanks!

Took about 2 weeks and it was by regular mail.

I interviewed in early November and found out via regular mail mid-December.

I interviewed 3/3/09, got a waitlist letter in the mail 3/11/09, and 3/30/09 I got my acceptance letter in the mail.

In other news, if anybody is interviewing Wed Feb 3 or Fri Feb 12, and you have the 12:20 tour, guess who your guide is :eek: :D

I interviewed 3/3/09, got a waitlist letter in the mail 3/11/09, and 3/30/09 I got my acceptance letter in the mail.

In other news, if anybody is interviewing Wed Feb 3 or Fri Feb 12, and you have the 12:20 tour, guess who your guide is :eek: :D

And if you have the Feb. 8th 11am tour then guess who your guide is!!!:D

Any of you guys doing the tour for thursday morning 9:45 group.

Any of you guys doing the tour for thursday morning 9:45 group.
Thursday like... today? Nope, in fact 9am class is canceled so i'm being extra lazy and just woke up a few minutes ago.

Luckily we had it today. Was nice to finally meet some interviewees. :thumbup:

Hey,
Anyone know what is the best way to travel: taxi or rent a car? How much does a taxi cost?
Thanks

Congrats!!!! Too bad you have to turn them down because of their lack of chocolate ice cream :smuggrin:

Are they letting people know through regular mail again this year?
Yep. I was excited when I got a big envelope. No email sent at all

I got in!!!

Congratulations! If you decide to go to Fisher, I look forward to seeing you in the fall!

Congrats!!!! Too bad you have to turn them down because of their lack of chocolate ice cream :smuggrin:

They had chocolate ice cream today, though. It was nice to meet you, hopefully I'll be seeing more of you come August.

congrats! Are you coming here??
Well if no one else accepts me then yes.
I'm still really hoping for UB. It would be the best situation for me. I wouldn't have o worry about what to do with my house and I wouldn't have to move.
I'm still interviewing at Cincinnati and waiting to hear from UNC. I'm not sure how there two rank against SJF and probably would really compare all aspects of the schools if I did get accepted (I've pretty much given up on UNC)

Do you guys think it will be extremely hard for a California resident to get in? Thanks.

Do you guys think it will be extremely hard for a California resident to get in? Thanks.

I don't know how to really answer that, but I'm from California. There are a few other californians in the classes above me.

Im from cali and I applied. I don't think I'll get in because I did not know they prefer in state residents when I decided to apply. Oh well!