Anyone here from St John Fisher?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it hard to get a taxi from the airport and to the airport? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is it hard to get a taxi from the airport and to the airport? Thanks
there should be few taxis there available. And for back to the airport, just give a call to them in advance (or have your hotel do it).

Im from cali and I applied. I don't think I'll get in because I did not know they prefer in state residents when I decided to apply. Oh well!

I'd say theres about 25% of the class thats out of state. Theres definately more NYer here, but I mean its to be expected. Not many people out of the state know about the school or Rochester.

Members don't see this ad :)
there should be few taxis there available. And for back to the airport, just give a call to them in advance (or have your hotel do it).

Attaboy, JTrue, going to bat for SJF!

Anyone here interview on the 28th? I got my acceptance letter today.

Anyone here interview on the 28th? I got my acceptance letter today.

This thread's OP also interviewed that day. Ackj and I had a good time talking to the interviewing students at lunch that day.

I had a good eating lunch and talking to you or Ackj. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go seemed like a great school. Still considering PhD in chemistry but could always down the road if I still want to.

Yup I interviewed on the 28th as well. Also got my fat envelope with an acceptance in it today (or I guess yesterday now that it is past midnight). However I have decided to go with UB so I will be turning them down :(. So one more spot open for everyone else :). I do have to say that I was impressed by the friendliness of everyone (staff and students). However UB started as my first choice and won out in the end. Good luck to everyone that got in though and have fun it looks like a great school.

I’m so excited! My first acceptance letter arrived today from SJF. That was really fast, it only took 4 days including the weekend :D

I’m so excited! My first acceptance letter arrived today from SJF. That was really fast, it only took 4 days including the weekend :D

I love that big letter! Congratulations!!

To those who go here, how do you like the school and the program? How are the classes structured? Did you guys really want to go to school here or was it a second choice? I got into a school in my state, but I wasnt sure if I should still interview here. Thanks for reading :)

To those who go here, how do you like the school and the program? How are the classes structured? Did you guys really want to go to school here or was it a second choice? I got into a school in my state, but I wasnt sure if I should still interview here. Thanks for reading :)

I really love it here. WSOP does a really good job structuring its program so that you are not too overwhelmed when you start out. Also, the professors and faculty are incredibly accommodating to the students. I came from a big school and the small school with small class sizes has made such a big difference. I have started to enjoy coming to school everyday, which is definitely a new occurrence since I have started college.

If you are at all considering SJF it wouldn't hurt to attend the interview. If you get accepted and decide to go somewhere else, at least you'll have known that you weighed all of your options.

Good luck! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really love it here. WSOP does a really good job structuring its program so that you are not too overwhelmed when you start out. Also, the professors and faculty are incredibly accommodating to the students. I came from a big school and the small school with small class sizes has made such a big difference. I have started to enjoy coming to school everyday, which is definitely a new occurrence since I have started college.

If you are at all considering SJF it wouldn't hurt to attend the interview. If you get accepted and decide to go somewhere else, at least you'll have known that you weighed all of your options.

Good luck! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Seconded. Yes, it's a new school, but they do a very good job with what they do. I would at least come and take a look. It was my backup school originally, but now I'm very happy that I came here. There's really no good, logical reason to hate this school.

I live on the Erie shore and will probably be living in Rochester next year. It's probably pretty similar but just out of curiosity I wonder who has it worse/better depending on your point of view. One of my interviewers told me he thought Rochester gets less snow. What do you guys think?

I live on the Erie shore and will probably be living in Rochester next year. It's probably pretty similar but just out of curiosity I wonder who has it worse/better depending on your point of view. One of my interviewers told me he thought Rochester gets less snow. What do you guys think?

It seems that Rochester does get less snow than the Buffalo/Erie County area. Whereabouts on the shore do you live?

i was offered to come for an interview this week, and i had a question for those that attend St. Johns Fisher.

is the school focused primarily on retail or does the school try to encompass various aspects of pharmacy like clinical/research, etc?

it seems that people generally like this school, so i'm just wondering if i should go ahead with the interview. thanks. :)

I grew up in the Jamestown area and now live in Fredonia. We're pretty close to Pennsylvania. The weird thing around here are the lake effect bands. I don't know if it's like this on Ontario but it can be clear where you're at and 5-10 miles away blizzard conditions. Makes for unpredictably bad travel. Driving home in the winter is brutal sometimes

I grew up in the Jamestown area and now live in Fredonia. We're pretty close to Pennsylvania. The weird thing around here are the lake effect bands. I don't know if it's like this on Ontario but it can be clear where you're at and 5-10 miles away blizzard conditions. Makes for unpredictably bad travel. Driving home in the winter is brutal sometimes

I'm from Springville, I know right where Jamestown and Fredonia are, been there many times. Lake Ontario does seems to produce far less lake effect than Lake Erie. In fact, if I recall correctly, I think the strongest snowstorm Rochester has had this winter was caused by some very far reaching snowbands coming off of Lake Erie.

i was offered to come for an interview this week, and i had a question for those that attend St. Johns Fisher.

is the school focused primarily on retail or does the school try to encompass various aspects of pharmacy like clinical/research, etc?

it seems that people generally like this school, so i'm just wondering if i should go ahead with the interview. thanks. :)

I've always wondered what people mean when they say "focused on retail". Does that mean there are schools that spend four years teaching their students how to do such tasks like counting by fives or entering a manual insurance override?

You need "clinical" knowledge in any setting ideally (a pharmacist knowing how drugs work, imagine that), even if it's just to tell a PA who prescribed Timolol to a severe asthmatic or who wrote a script for Macrobid 500 mg q6h that he is a total ****ing idiot.

I'm from Springville, I know right where Jamestown and Fredonia are, been there many times. Lake Ontario does seems to produce far less lake effect than Lake Erie. In fact, if I recall correctly, I think the strongest snowstorm Rochester has had this winter was caused by some very far reaching snowbands coming off of Lake Erie.

I have been to Springville a few times as well. My mom's family is from Ellicottville. I wonder why Erie would get more snow as they're roughly the same size. Erie is tilted to the northeast, so if the wind is coming from the north of west we get lake effect. Or maybe it's because Erie is closer to other lakes.

My wife is from the Springville area. More specifically North Otto....now that is the meaning of rural.

I once heard some explanation of the lake effect snow, no guarantees of its validity. It's about Lake Erie being typically warmer, since it's shallower. Basically, the average heat translates to an average of more water vapor, so then the freezing wind comes and cools the vapor back to liquid/solid and it precipitates back down. Since Ontario is deeper and colder, there isn't as much vapor to freeze and become snow. This seems to make sense, since we really don't get any lake effect snow after the lake freezes over. However, it could also be convenient BS.

Meteorology isn't covered in our curriculum, so I could answer more about tablet fillers and coatings.

I once heard some explanation of the lake effect snow, no guarantees of its validity. It's about Lake Erie being typically warmer, since it's shallower. Basically, the average heat translates to an average of more water vapor, so then the freezing wind comes and cools the vapor back to liquid/solid and it precipitates back down. Since Ontario is deeper and colder, there isn't as much vapor to freeze and become snow. This seems to make sense, since we really don't get any lake effect snow after the lake freezes over. However, it could also be convenient BS.

Meteorology isn't covered in our curriculum, so I could answer more about tablet fillers and coatings.

That sounded right to me so I asked a geology professor at my school. She said the position of the lake determines who gets the snow and the depth and temperature fluxuations determine how much. Erie is the shallowest and warmest in the summer and produces the most snow. Since systems usually come from the west or northwest it produces snow over a larger area than Ontario, and most of the snow from Ontario ends up in the Watertown region.

My wife is from the Springville area. More specifically North Otto....now that is the meaning of rural.

For sure. I've been close but I don't think I've ever passed through. I'm not sure I would know if I had.

alena or irish on here during economics? :p
Nope, everybody pays attention to economies of scale and FFS HMO MCO WTF

As boring as it is, I figure I'd better pay attention so I don't bomb the exam. I guess they're really difficult. But, of course, you have an advantage, being from CA :laugh:

Anybody have an interview today? I'm doing tours at 12:20.

alena or irish on here during economics? :p

I don't bring my laptop to school, so if I was listed as online, it's just because I keep my desktop logged on 24/7.

Nope, everybody pays attention to economies of scale and FFS HMO MCO WTF

As boring as it is, I figure I'd better pay attention so I don't bomb the exam. I guess they're really difficult. But, of course, you have an advantage, being from CA :laugh:

It's so dry and won't matter once health care is reformed anyway. How many times in class did she say "I don't think we have anybody from California" before JTrue finally went up and talked to her? It was at least three, by my count.

I don't bring my laptop to school, so if I was listed as online, it's just because I keep my desktop logged on 24/7.

It's so dry and won't matter once health care is reformed anyway. How many times in class did she say "I don't think we have anybody from California" before JTrue finally went up and talked to her? It was at least three, by my count.

I was busy with my headdown in the back...

Hey y'all! I got an email today for an interview on March 3! I'm very excited!! I had a few questions....

I was looking on the interview feedback and didn't see St. John Fisher. Did I overlook it, or is there not anything yet? Could someone tell my kinda what the day is like (especially the interview!)?

Also, I'm from Louisiana and go to school in Kentucky now. The 20's is cold to me, so Rochester does scare me a little haha. Y'all may be wondering why I even applied up here, but from the research I did on schools, something about St. John Fisher grabbed me and made me wanna apply. How brutal are the winters? Do most students live within walking distance or do you have to drive in the ice/snow?

Thanks for the help!!

Did anybody get a confirmation after sending in your apps? If yes, how long did it take for them to send you a confirmation? It's been two weeks already and still no confirmation or e-mail. :(

Did anybody get a confirmation after sending in your apps? If yes, how long did it take for them to send you a confirmation? It's been two weeks already and still no confirmation or e-mail. :(

I submitted my Pharmcas app on Jan 19, and got an email on Feb 1 from Graduate admissions at St. John's saying they received it. I sent in my supp app online on Jan 18, and received a confirmation immediately.

I submitted my Pharmcas app on Jan 19, and got an email on Feb 1 from Graduate admissions at St. John's saying they received it. I sent in my supp app online on Jan 18, and received a confirmation immediately.

lol, it was buried in my inbox. Thanks for your response. Now I just hope for an interview like you!

Hey y'all! I got an email today for an interview on March 3! I'm very excited!! I had a few questions....

I was looking on the interview feedback and didn't see St. John Fisher. Did I overlook it, or is there not anything yet? Could someone tell my kinda what the day is like (especially the interview!)?

Also, I'm from Louisiana and go to school in Kentucky now. The 20's is cold to me, so Rochester does scare me a little haha. Y'all may be wondering why I even applied up here, but from the research I did on schools, something about St. John Fisher grabbed me and made me wanna apply. How brutal are the winters? Do most students live within walking distance or do you have to drive in the ice/snow?

Thanks for the help!!

Everyone who interviews at St. John Fisher signs a confidentiality agreement saying that they won't divulge information about the interview. But it's very relaxed; the interview process is not stressful at all at Fisher, so don't worry about it.

As for the weather, everybody commutes (lots of places to live within a five minute drive, nowhere to live within a five minute walk). However, the winters in Rochester aren't that bad in terms of safety concerns and weather hazards. Lake Ontario doesn't produce a whole lot of lake effect snow, so it's cold, but there isn't that much snow. There's light dustings of snow here and there, but the city is very good about keeping the roads clear (which is easy because light dustings don't accumulate on roads).

Everyone who interviews at St. John Fisher signs a confidentiality agreement saying that they won't divulge information about the interview. But it's very relaxed; the interview process is not stressful at all at Fisher, so don't worry about it.

As for the weather, everybody commutes (lots of places to live within a five minute drive, nowhere to live within a five minute walk). However, the winters in Rochester aren't that bad in terms of safety concerns and weather hazards. Lake Ontario doesn't produce a whole lot of lake effect snow, so it's cold, but there isn't that much snow. There's light dustings of snow here and there, but the city is very good about keeping the roads clear (which is easy because light dustings don't accumulate on roads).

Ok, great! Thank you for the info. You definitely put my mind at ease about the cold! I was afraid I wouldn't make it, but it doesn't sound too bad haha

lol, it was buried in my inbox. Thanks for your response. Now I just hope for an interview like you!

Haha, ok, good luck! I hope you get an interview!

Ok, great! Thank you for the info. You definitely put my mind at ease about the cold! I was afraid I wouldn't make it, but it doesn't sound too bad haha

Just make sure the heater in your car works and you buy a nice warm coat before winter starts and you'll be fine.

Did anyone hear anything who interviewed on 12th feb??
And how they inform ? By phone, mail or e-mail????

I interviewed January 28 and got a letter on February 1, so the Monday after the Thursday. Check your mail it will probably be there soon

yeah I got my acceptance letter today, but I live really close....but keep an eye on your mailbox

which group did you interview in? 830 or 945?