Anyone here hear from RWJMS tonight?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

femmedargent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
cuz, I didn't.
:-( back to studying...

Members don't see this ad.

got the call about an hour ago...woo!

vn2004 said:
got the call about an hour ago...woo!
hello vn2004, when did you interview there? congrats!!

Members don't see this ad :)
vn2004 said:
interviewed 10/21

I got the call from Dr. Terregino at 4PM today. I had interviewed on 10/14. I'm so excited!! Anyone else hear back?

i guess more stressing for me.. any of you that got in, do you mind posting your stats. Thanks

I got accepted a couple weeks ago 9v 10b 10p n 3.62 3.59bcmp im instate

JohnH said:
i guess more stressing for me.. any of you that got in, do you mind posting your stats. Thanks

11V, 9B, 9P Q. 3.6, 3.4 bcpm from top 15 school. in-state.

you still have chances, look at me, i'm an average applicant. good luck! i hope you get in!

I interviewed 10/18 and still haven't heard. I called them up last night actually and they told me my file didn't make it to review this time, but that it should get reviewed on Jan 5th. I feel like that's got to be bad news, it's definitely been a long time.

anyone here from them tonight. i'm pretty sure my app was under review today. i was wondering if i was out of luck

I heard tonite too! Interviewed on Nov. 29th. Is anyone going to try to make it to the reception tomorrow...if so does anyone actually remember where it is and what we're supposed to wear?? I was too busy trying to stay on the road when Dr. Terrigino was telling me all of that info.

smallqt said:
I heard tonite too! Interviewed on Nov. 29th. Is anyone going to try to make it to the reception tomorrow...if so does anyone actually remember where it is and what we're supposed to wear?? I was too busy trying to stay on the road when Dr. Terrigino was telling me all of that info.

i also interviewed on the 29th, did you interview at camden?

if you don't mind me asking. for those of you who got in, what were your stats? what school did u graduate from?

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
still nothing for me, interviewed 10/18, don't know what the deal is.

Roca, during the peak of their interview season, they interview several people a day....but the committee only meets once a week or once every two weeks. There is no possible way that they can get to everyone quickly. Also- most schools can review a file and not come to a decision and need to re-review it at their next meeting. I'm pretty sure that thats now rwj and njmed operate. It suuuucks to have to wait, but it makes some sense.

Sorry for your waiting, and best of luck :)

My stats: 9 10 10 O, 3.92 GPA in BME at Rutgers...

although I applied last year with those exact same stats and was waitlisted til the end

BTW when Dr. Terrigino called me she made a point to find out how long I had waited to hear and if I was upset that it took so long. Just thought that was interesting considering the tone of this thread. But I just told her that I would wait 6 weeks for an acceptance anyday over waiting 6 months on a waitlist and hearing nothing....

I'm sure things will work out for you guys, just keep calling the admissions office (like once a week at most, not obssessively) bc thats what I did last year and when I went in for my interview everyone remembered my name including Dr. Terrigino. I'm sure that had to help me somehow.

mostwanted said:
i also interviewed on the 29th, did you interview at camden?

Nope, good ol New Brunny

taddpole said:
Roca, during the peak of their interview season, they interview several people a day....but the committee only meets once a week or once every two weeks. There is no possible way that they can get to everyone quickly. Also- most schools can review a file and not come to a decision and need to re-review it at their next meeting. I'm pretty sure that thats now rwj and njmed operate. It suuuucks to have to wait, but it makes some sense.

Sorry for your waiting, and best of luck :)

Actually, I don't think it makes much sense at all. This isn't charity work. We all paid 100 dollars (some of us have to earn that for every school we apply to) - to have our applications fairly evaluated. With 500 applicants they are getting $500,000 a year, and they can't expend enough resources to make a decision on an application in THREE MONTHS? Give me a break.

taddpole said:
Roca, during the peak of their interview season, they interview several people a day....

i think several people is an understatement. when i interviewed there, there were at least 15 people interviewing that day. And they were all from ivy schools :( well, i'm pretty sure they reviewed my app yesterday, so i guess this means i'm not going to rwj.

JohnH said:
i think several people is an understatement. when i interviewed there, there were at least 15 people interviewing that day. And they were all from ivy schools :( well, i'm pretty sure they reviewed my app yesterday, so i guess this means i'm not going to rwj.

don't fret just yet John, I just called their office- they said they just sent out a letter saying i was in the "highly competitive" category and that they'd decide in another couple of weeks. It's not an acceptance by a long shot, but it's better than nothing. Maybe you could try calling as well. when did u interview?

when i called they said that there was still "no decision" and that i was still under review after 3 months. when i got the same answer on the phone at mt. sinai a while back, the waitlist came in the mail a couple days later.

femmedargent said:
don't fret just yet John, I just called their office- they said they just sent out a letter saying i was in the "highly competitive" category and that they'd decide in another couple of weeks. It's not an acceptance by a long shot, but it's better than nothing. Maybe you could try calling as well. when did u interview?

11/22. You're right!! they said the same thing to me.. i still have hope!!!!!

femmedargent said:

I truly hope this is not the case for you, but when I applied two years ago, I received the same letter and was then waitlisted (and ultimately never made it)... Unfortunately, a lot of people who get this letter are waitlisted.... :( :(

beponychick said:
I truly hope this is not the case for you, but when I applied two years ago, I received the same letter and was then waitlisted (and ultimately never made it)... Unfortunately, a lot of people who got this letter get waitlisted.... :( :(

that letter is a bunch of crap.... I got it. Have numbers competitive for RWJ, had a great interview (even told so when I called to see why i got waitlisted) and got that highly competitive letter. One would think that you would get in or the very least be at the high end of the waitlist... NOPE. I got the middle of the waitlist with no chance of getting in. They give that highly competitive crap letter when they are behind and need to buy some time. :thumbdown:

Sorry RWJ made me bitter last year.

beponychick said:
I truly hope this is not the case for you, but when I applied two years ago, I received the same letter and was then waitlisted (and ultimately never made it)... Unfortunately, a lot of people who get this letter are waitlisted.... :( :(

yeah when i applied last year i got the same, and was waitlisted, and didnt get in.... but i'm trying to stay optimistic.

yeah i certainly don't understand what they are looking for. i'm a jersey resident, 20 minutes from new brunswick in fact, very competitive stats, and had a really positive interview with dr. terregino. i think after not hearing for so long now i'm just going to let it go and wait for other schools rather than dwelling.

so in other words... i should move on... this sucks

a good interview with Dr. T... sounds like me last year. It was supposed to be an hour, it went 85 minutes even though someone else was waiting. We were just talking about this and that, she seemed to love it.... thought I was in. I mean it was the dean of admissions, she was encouraging me to apply for the md/phd there and other subtle things. Boy was I shocked when I got the highly competitive letter, followed by a waitlist spot that hasnt been gotten to in 5 years. I thought about sending the bill for my plane flight as it was obviously a waste of time.

badlydrawnvik said:
yeah i certainly don't understand what they are looking for. i'm a jersey resident, 20 minutes from new brunswick in fact, very competitive stats, and had a really positive interview with dr. terregino. i think after not hearing for so long now i'm just going to let it go and wait for other schools rather than dwelling.

They look for two things.

1) Ivy League education. Seems like everyone who interviews there is IVY league. I remember on my interview day me and a girl from rutgers out of 10 people were the only ones not Ivy League.

2) or minority. Them and UMDNJ are tops for minority enrollment and really push that.

IMO

BOBODR said:
They look for two things.

1) Ivy League education. Seems like everyone who interviews there is IVY league. I remember on my interview day me and a girl from rutgers out of 10 people were the only ones not Ivy League.

2) or minority. Them and UMDNJ are tops for minority enrollment and really push that.

IMO

I have neither...then again I didnt get in last year...

BOBODR said:
a good interview with Dr. T... sounds like me last year. It was supposed to be an hour, it went 85 minutes even though someone else was waiting. We were just talking about this and that, she seemed to love it.... thought I was in. I mean it was the dean of admissions, she was encouraging me to apply for the md/phd there and other subtle things. Boy was I shocked when I got the highly competitive letter, followed by a waitlist spot that hasnt been gotten to in 5 years. I thought about sending the bill for my plane flight as it was obviously a waste of time.

same EXACT thing happened with me, same interviewer, same interview

what are your guys' stats? 11V, 11P, 12B, Q here with a 3.93 BCPM.

badlydrawnvik said:
what are your guys' stats? 11V, 11P, 12B, Q here with a 3.93 BCPM.

13V 13P 12B S 3.15 overall bcpm the same. 16 credits post bac- 3.9

your stats beat mine substantially, my gpa really keeps me out of interviews everywhere

femmedargent said:
13V 13P 12B S 3.15 overall bcpm the same. 16 credits post bac- 3.9

your stats beat mine substantially, my gpa really keeps me out of interviews everywhere
nah that mcat is awesome and if you have that high of a bcpm that's excellent. stupid rwjms and medical schools with their one track minds.

yeah, you guys have incredible stats!!!! I interviewed on Dec 6th but if you dont get in, i have no chance!!! I did go to an Ivy though, but I doubt that will matter all that much. :(

beponychick said:
yeah, you guys have incredible stats!!!! I interviewed on Dec 6th but if you dont get in, i have no chance!!! I did go to an Ivy though, but I doubt that will matter all that much. :(

yea, i did too, and it didnt matter for me last year either. i have lots of shadowing, volunteering, and ECs.... i really dont know what the deal is. this whole process is really killing me at this point, my mind and body are both suffering, and i feel like i'm in purgatory. Really, I would rather just be completely rejected at this point by every school so I can just get on with my life. I've gone from being confident and optimistic to being sullen and completely lacking in self worth over the past year. If I do end up going, I will go for the top spot in the class just so I can speak at graduation and publicly rip on the school, and never give them an alumnus donation - though their corrupt a**es will take care of that anyway. This whole process has really turned me off of the whole profession.

I mean honestly, they all look for charitable "qualities" in their applicants, but it's all really about the money. The med schools artificially constrict the supply of doctors to keep their salaries up, and there's really no other way to look at it. If everyone who was capable of being a doctor could become a doctor, they wouldn't be able to drive their fancy cars.

In my opinion, these ridiculously restrictive admissions processes are a bunch of hooey. If salaries went down, not as many people would apply to med school, and the people who really wanted it for the right reasons could do it.

I dont think i could ever go to med school now without holding a huge grudge

femmedargent said:
yea, i did too, and it didnt matter for me last year either. i have lots of shadowing, volunteering, and ECs.... i really dont know what the deal is. this whole process is really killing me at this point, my mind and body are both suffering, and i feel like i'm in purgatory. Really, I would rather just be completely rejected at this point by every school so I can just get on with my life. I've gone from being confident and optimistic to being sullen and completely lacking in self worth over the past year. If I do end up going, I will go for the top spot in the class just so I can speak at graduation and publicly rip on the school, and never give them an alumnus donation - though their corrupt a**es will take care of that anyway. This whole process has really turned me off of the whole profession.

I mean honestly, they all look for charitable "qualities" in their applicants, but it's all really about the money. The med schools artificially constrict the supply of doctors to keep their salaries up, and there's really no other way to look at it. If everyone who was capable of being a doctor could become a doctor, they wouldn't be able to drive their fancy cars.

In my opinion, these ridiculously restrictive admissions processes are a bunch of hooey. If salaries went down, not as many people would apply to med school, and the people who really wanted it for the right reasons could do it.

I know what you mean. It definitely takes a lot out of you. But just think that you can be different once you are a doctor and have the authority to do so. A profession is just a conglomerate of people with different values and different ways of doing things. Just believe in your values and dont change them, even though there will be pressure for you to do so. You will make, just dont turn your back now. Good luck. I wish you the best. :)

femmedargent said:

Hey, i kinda understand where you're coming from. You'll eventually get in. It seems like the UMDNJs always fill up their class way too early. Maybe you just need to send your applications in a little earlier? Apply Early Decision after working it out with Dean? Boost up your GPA a little? Just keep trying and it'll all pay off...

femmedargent said:

For a minute there, I thought I was reading the inside of my mind. I used to be a happy somewhat optimistic person who got up at 6am because I couldnt wait for the day. Now I am depressed, bitter, sarcastic, and spiteful of this whole process. I grow tired of complaining even to myself about this process, I just want it over....this pinnata has finally burst.

the chorus of radiohead's "optimistic" has recently become my personal mantra.

"If you try the best you can
The best you can is good enough"

BOBODR said:
For a minute there, I thought I was reading the inside of my mind. I used to be a happy somewhat optimistic person who got up at 6am because I couldnt wait for the day. Now I am depressed, bitter, sarcastic, and spiteful of this whole process. I grow tired of complaining even to myself about this process, I just want it over....this pinnata has finally burst.

burst indeed. the human mind isn't well-equipped to deal with learned helplessness. When we can't learn patterns, when we can't formulate behaviors to deal with a problem, we get depressed, i think. Not understanding the shrouded and subjective admissions process, the seeming randomness of it all, is just impossible for us to get our minds around, and it drives us crazy. When there's nothing to learn, what can we do? sigh.

Will Ferrell said:
Hey, i kinda understand where you're coming from. You'll eventually get in. It seems like the UMDNJs always fill up their class way too early. Maybe you just need to send your applications in a little earlier? Apply Early Decision after working it out with Dean? Boost up your GPA a little? Just keep trying and it'll all pay off...

yeah, i mean my apps were complete by the first week of sept. and i interviewed at both schools oct/early nov. The app this time was supposed to be worked out with the dean (who i met with in august) - i did a number of things this past several months at the dean's behest. I haven't heard yet, so i'm not giving up hope---

thanks a lot for your advice, and I'm glad you have a positive attitude about it. I suppose i often underestimate the power of "keep trying"- i'm not used to failing. (though I sure am now, and I don't like it one bit)

HONESTLY, I COULD GO ON ABOUT THIS FOREVER.

I think RWJMS thinks they are ALL that.
I do not understand it, I am very insterested at RWJMS (at least for now), but have not heard from them at all.
Interviewed Mid Nov, 32mcat, gpa around 3.7-3.8(overall) and have not heard.
I am mad because I have already been accepted by 3 other schools (including Mt Sinai) and RW has not given me any.
I am very interested in the school and will be quite upset if I don't get it.

Still, I'm not so happy with them right now.

NunoBR said:
HONESTLY, I COULD GO ON ABOUT THIS FOREVER.

I think RWJMS thinks they are ALL that.
I do not understand it, I am very insterested at RWJMS (at least for now), but have not heard from them at all.
Interviewed Mid Nov, 32mcat, gpa around 3.7-3.8(overall) and have not heard.
I am mad because I have already been accepted by 3 other schools (including Mt Sinai) and RW has not given me any.
I am very interested in the school and will be quite upset if I don't get it.

Still, I'm not so happy with them right now.

honestly, with the way I have been treated by these people, if I had another acceptance, I would turn rwj down in an instant. but as of right now they're my best option.

hopefully they're not reading this and if they are, they can't figure out who i am. though i'm sure they could if they wanted to. and if you are out there reading this, you better not be wasting the money I and others spent to pay your salary by reading this while you're on the job, because that's seriously bogus.

Wow...you guys are bitter people! I wish you all the best of luck and the point of this post is to say that, perhaps your scores are too high? The UMDNJs clearly have a huge number of people apply, theyre avgs stats could probably be a lot higher than they are if they wanted them to be. Maybe theyre just grabbing those of us with lower stats? I dont know if schools actually do this- but they might stray from accepting you super smarties thinking that you'll end up at the Harvards, Penns, and JHUs of this country. Who knows, maybe thats completely off base, but....

Good luck!

my dad actually had the same theory, but i dunno my stats aren't that high. i think the second poster in this thread has like a 38.

taddpole said:
Wow...you guys are bitter people! I wish you all the best of luck and the point of this post is to say that, perhaps your scores are too high? The UMDNJs clearly have a huge number of people apply, theyre avgs stats could probably be a lot higher than they are if they wanted them to be. Maybe theyre just grabbing those of us with lower stats? I dont know if schools actually do this- but they might stray from accepting you super smarties thinking that you'll end up at the Harvards, Penns, and JHUs of this country. Who knows, maybe thats completely off base, but....

Good luck!

yeah i'm bitter. thanks for the well wishes.

I think if you are a NJ resident, I doubt it has to do with stats. I think NJ schools will still accept NJ residents with high stats, they just will probably realize that they will not go there. It is your state school, so they cannot just outright reject you because you are over-qualified. People who are indeed over-qualified (whatever that means) should always have a school to fall back on, in case the more prestigious schools do not work out. There are plenty of people with really high stats who got accepted to their state schools.

But still, you guys do not know that you will not get in. Definitely have hope. I'm sure you will be hearing good news soon! :) :)