Anyone in Chicago take post-bacc classes at night?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tofurkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am finishing up my post-bacc in Chicago, but the problem is that my post-bacc school doesn't offer any upper level science classes at times that will fit into my work schedule this fall (and through next spring, I assume).

Has anyone taken courses a la carte at any Chicago institutions and found some convenient times for working students (i.e. at night or late afternoon?)

Thanks,

Tofurkey

Members don't see this ad.

From what I remember, Loyola and DePaul have the good evening offerings. Northwestern also has quite a few evening premed courses, but I'm not sure if you have to be in their dedicated premed program. University of Chicago has virtually no dedicated evening classes.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Northwestern University's School of Continuing Studies has a dedicated set of advanced level courses, all of which are at night. They are also good about not scheduling them on the same night so you can take a combination of them every semester. Keep in mind, tuition is a bit steep. In addition, some of the classes are on the downtown campus, while others are at the main campus in Evanston.

I took a class a la carte at Northwestern's school of continuing studies. If you don't mind switching jobs :) you can get an 80% tuition reduction as staff.