All Branch Topic (ABT) Anyone in Navy HPSP Want to Switch to AF HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokiegirl13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am currently a medical student on the Air Force HPSP Scholarship. I am in my second year of medical school and, due to family reasons, would like to switch into the Navy HPSP program. I recognize that this is a difficult and improbable process, but I have heard that it is possible.

Is there anyone, particularly second-year medical students, who might be interested in switching to the AF HPSP from the Navy HPSP? I would really appreciate any help in finding a switch!

Members don't see this ad.

I know a guy who started as a USUHS AF Med student and switched over to Navy. The catch was that his wife was USUSH Navy and they wanted to be co-located.

AF HPSP is usually more competitive than Navy HPSP, so I am sure that the Navy recruiters would be all for it. If you haven't already, I would speak to them. Are you being told by AF HPSP that you have to find a switch?

I was enlisted Marine Corps when I commissioned for the Army HPSP.

Switching branches is something that is discussed lots and seen..... almost never.

Contact the Navy HPSP program office in Bethesda (they have a facebook page) and ask them to spam the Navy folks to see if you can find a match. That will be the easy part but if there are two of you moving forward, there's a chance. I can remember this happening with interservice marriages but that's it.