Anyone in NJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avinash

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good hopsitals to volunteer at in NJ?

Members don't see this ad.

yes please elborate on where. I'm trying to work with dean at UMDNJ to get a better volunteer program at Cooper ... I will get around to it eventually. I volunteer at UPenn.

Members don't see this ad :)
PublicEnemy said:
where in NJ? i'm in south jersey.

Im northern NJ, near newark

Im in sommerville now, so somewhere around here

you've got a few, St. Peters, Somerset come to mind ... just check out the volunteer pages on net or contact them to see what you will be doing and if they have any formal programs.

Morristown Memorial. I shadowed doctors at the ED there for six months and learned quite a bit. It should also be relatively close by to you, since it's in Northern NJ.

avinash said:
Im northern NJ, near newark

Im in sommerville now, so somewhere around here

St. Peters and Robert Wood Johnson (both in New Brunswick) have volunteer programs and are very close to you. I had friends who volunteered at both places and liked them. Good luck!

Somerset Medical Center is a good place....However I suggest you get a hold of MICU paramedics and ask them if you can shadow them in their ambulances. Make sure you tell them your intentions of becoming a doctor.

Hunterdon Medical Center, Overlook Hospital and Morristown Memorial are other good places.

I work at Morristown Memorial as a research assistant, it's an amazing hospital, both technologically and the quality of people working here!

Isn't robert wood johnson there? Shout out to my dirty jersey people :)

swifteagle43 said:
Isn't robert wood johnson there? Shout out to my dirty jersey people :)

haha yep it is

I volunteered at Mountainside this past summer in the I.C.U. and it was a worthwhile, enlightening experience. They were in need of volunteers in the summer and I'm sure they still are. The volunteer director is nice and easy to talk to you. The nurses and doctors are also encouraging and enthusiastic.

what about south jersey? does anyone know any places with formal programs?

I volunteered at Somerset Medical Center. They have a whole pre-med internsihp formal program with shadowing, observation in surgery, radiology, cardiology, and grand rounds attendance and so forth. I would highly recommend it. :)