Anyone in Psy.D. clinical at FIT, Pacific, Or Uni of Denver?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leah1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what was your background experience that got you accepted?
Research and clinical experience wise and GPA?
AND, are you liking the program?

-PS- is a statement of career objectives same as a personal statement? How long should these be usually? 1-2 pages right?

Members don't see this ad.

I am not at any of those programs, but I know there have been lots of posts about it. Search the board, and maybe look through the WAMC thread. You might find some helpful information with that.

I have searched the board a ton, I would like more information .

Members don't see this ad :)
... just trying to help...

I do know that the personal statement stuff has been addressed copiously on the board over time. I dont know about the first two programs, but DU is very specific in regards to what they want for that (actually they have essay prompts for you to answer, not a general SOP)

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have asked about the personal statement, that's the least of my concerns.

I want to know the background of the people who were accepted into these programs, GPA, internships, research experience, GRE scores. AND, how they like the program.

It's fine, thank you for your help.

You should be able to find some of that information (GPA, GRE) on their sites... Some places (if you dig) also post students under the specific faculty and have "brief bios" (or even their CVs at times) for where they come, what they're working on, etc.

I know, I've done HOURS of researching that stuff which is on their website.

I was just trying to find some personal experiences . That's all.

Hi Leah1991,
I'll be starting DU's PsyD program in the Fall. In terms of application process, you have to submit your online application (essay, resume, CV, etc.) before your letters of recommendations can be sent in, so be aware of that. In terms of my own experience, I had two years of research and almost three years of various work experience before I applied.

I applied to both PsyD and PhD programs but decided to go with a PsyD programs because at the end of the day, I do want to go into practice and not into research or academia. I have a huge respect for research and the individuals who go into research, but I am just not passionate about doing it for 4-6 years or as a career. I chose DU's program because of the clinical training, very strong focus on multiculturalism and diversity in practicum and education and it is an accelerated program. HOWEVER, the cost is expensive but I am confident that this is the best decision for my future goals. This is obviously not the same for others.

My advice would be to definitely find an opportunity to be a research assistant AND work in a clinic to see where your passion lies, so that you can make a stronger and educated decision.

Hope this helps