Anyone increase their baseline MCAT score by ~15?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LebLlama

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took my Kaplan diagnostic MCAT = 17
Physical science - 6
Verbal - 5
Biological - 6

I did not study at all before taking it.

I'm sure kaplan makes their baseline test harder than usual so they dont give out free classes right and left, but still. I was expecting about 21. My goal is 32-35.

Has anyone scored a lot lower on their baseline, then studied like a madman, left the real thing with their ideal number?

Members don't see this ad.

Gosh, we should have a big banner when you first enter the forum saying "Diagnostics without studying don't mean crap."

That's not your baseline llama, your baseline is after you've done content review and take your first FL. All this told you was that you don't know crap and you need to work hard. I'm sure that you already knew that coming in, so therefore that score is useless.

Hope this helps,

-LIS

Before wanting to go to Med School, I wanted to do Law. I went as far as taking the LSAT. When I took the first diagnostic with no studying, I had a 128 (the scoring being 120-180). By the time I took the test, I had a 160. That's considered a solid score. Like getting a 30 on the MCAT. 172+ being the equivalent of 39+ on MCAT. Moral of the story? F*** diagnostics.

gosh, we should have a big banner when you first enter the forum saying "diagnostics without studying don't mean crap."

that's not your baseline llama, your baseline is after you've done content review and take your first fl. All this told you was that you don't know crap and you need to work hard. I'm sure that you already knew that coming in, so therefore that score is useless.

Hope this helps,

-lis

before wanting to go to med school, i wanted to do law. I went as far as taking the lsat. When i took the first diagnostic with no studying, i had a 128 (the scoring being 120-180). By the time i took the test, i had a 160. That's considered a solid score. Like getting a 30 on the mcat. 172+ being the equivalent of 39+ on mcat. Moral of the story? f*** diagnostics.

that.