Anyone interested in a free book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Samir Desai

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Anyone out there interested in a free book? If so, I would like to let you know about an exciting new book that will be available in early May, entitled "The Clinician's Guide to Laboratory Medicine: A Practical Approach".

The impetus for the book came from my interactions with medical students at Northwestern University several years ago while doing my chief medical residency. Time and time again, I would encounter third and fourth year medical students frustrated with abnormal lab tests. With this in mind, I set about writing a book that would make the interpretation of laboratory tests less stressful.

The book is nearing completion and my publisher has been kind to provide me with a number of free copies. If you are a second, third, or fourth year medical student who would be interested in receiving this free book, please send me a message at the following address:

[email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you. Since I have a limited number of books, I will disseminate them on a first come first serve basis. If you decide to accept this offer, I would appreciate it if you would fill out a survey sometime in the future letting me know how useful the book is. By doing so, I can use the feedback to shape future editions.

Thanks very much,

Samir Desai
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.