Anyone interested in a free book?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Samir Desai, Mar 10, 2000.

1. Samir Desai

Samir Desai Member

Attending Physician

Anyone out there interested in a free book? If so, I would like to let you know about an exciting new book that will be available in early May, entitled "The Clinician's Guide to Laboratory Medicine: A Practical Approach".

The impetus for the book came from my interactions with medical students at Northwestern University several years ago while doing my chief medical residency. Time and time again, I would encounter third and fourth year medical students frustrated with abnormal lab tests. With this in mind, I set about writing a book that would make the interpretation of laboratory tests less stressful.

The book is nearing completion and my publisher has been kind to provide me with a number of free copies. If you are a second, third, or fourth year medical student who would be interested in receiving this free book, please send me a message at the following address:

[email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you. Since I have a limited number of books, I will disseminate them on a first come first serve basis. If you decide to accept this offer, I would appreciate it if you would fill out a survey sometime in the future letting me know how useful the book is. By doing so, I can use the feedback to shape future editions.

Thanks very much,

Samir Desai
    Assistant Professor of Medicine
    Baylor College of Medicine

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.