Anyone interested in orthopaedic surgery residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MontefioreOrthoResidency

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

My name is Ben, I'm a 4th year Orthopaedic Surgery resident at Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, NY. With the transition to virtual interviews/rotations due to COVID, our program is trying to improve our social media presence. We created an instagram page (@MontefioreOrthoResidency) with information regarding the program/what it's like to be a resident. I don't mean to sound like such an ad but if anyone is interested in Ortho I would recommend following our page! We will be doing Q & A sessions for anyone interested. Feel free to DM us questions or respond to this post.

Good luck to all applying MS4's!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you malignant?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
No, we’re not malignant. I feel comfortable reaching out to anyone in my program both resident and attending when I need help both inside and outside of the hospital. In general orthopedics is hierarchical but we are really more collegial than what I expected. If given the choice again, I would make the same decision ranking Monte first.
That is an important question to keep in mind when applying. Although, there are usually better ways to figure out if a program is malignant than just straight up asking.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That is an important question to keep in mind when applying. Although, there are usually better ways to figure out if a program is malignant than just straight up asking.

I'm the resident clown-doofus on here, don't mind me. Realistically, that's like a surefire way to tank your chances and not get a real answer. See, I'm teaching these kids how not to do it. Education.

I'm the resident clown-doofus on here, don't mind me. Realistically, that's like a surefire way to tank your chances and not get a real answer. See, I'm teaching these kids how not to do it. Education.
If someone has the social IQ or grace to point blank ask a program if they are malignant, and then expect a geniune/honest answer. I am not sure they deserve to go to a non- malignant program, just so they can get some non medical education.

• Haha
If someone has the social IQ or grace to point blank ask a program if they are malignant, and then expect a geniune/honest answer. I am not sure they deserve to go to a non- malignant program, just so they can get some non medical education.

Monkey-Puppet~2.jpg

Sorry, the meme was just begging to be used and this was the perfect setup

I think a tap on the wrist will suffice, like taking some heavy call or something, lol. I mean, if I had to choose people that "deserved" to go to malignant programs, it would definitely be gunners and other similarly character deficient individuals

Thank you for making this post. I’m very interested in Orthopaedic Surgery. How has Covid affected your inpatient/outpatient/surgical volume? Do you feel your case volume is adequate, both in clinic and in the OR? Do your attending see this changing significantly in the next 2-3 years?

Y’all take DO’s?

Reactions: 1 user