Anyone interview at MCW recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qwest

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello-

Just got an invitation to interview in March and I'm trying to decide if I should go or not. For anyone who has interviewed there recently, can you tell me about the campus, housing, financial aid, residency matches, and Milwaukee in general? If you've interviewed at Albany and Drexel, how does the school compare? I'm just trying to find a comfortable and semi-reputable school to attend...

Thanks,
Mike

Members don't see this ad.

MCW is a great school. The Facilities are top notch, and contrary to what you may believe, Milwaukee is a cool town. The campus is in a nice part of town and are easily excessible. The attached Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Froedert, are top of the line facilities too. I spent a whole summer there and really enjoyed it.
I interviewed there 4 weeks ago. The seem to interview lots of people at once, which doesn't make it very personable, but they still do a good job. They guarantee you a date (a week after) that you will know your position (Accepted/Rejected), which is nice. I was put on their alternate list.
-Eric

That's funny, I just got an invite from MCW today as well! I had pretty much written off the fact that I wouldn't get any more interviews. Wonders never cease...:D !

Members don't see this ad :)
i actually got rejected from albany but i did go to both drexel (2/5) and mcw (2/7) so i got to compare them pretty well. i must admit that i didn't think i would like mcw at all esp b/c i am from ca but i liked it a lot more than drexel. it is new, the student seem happy, the people who work there seem really nice too. also they do get back to you sooooo quick. i got my acceptance letter on 2/16 (mailed on 2/14) so i was very happy. plus if rank matters to you, it is ranked and drexel isn't...not sure about albany.

MCW is ranked? In U.S. news? I dont remember seeing it there. I'm just wondering cause I have an interview there on March 7th.

Jetson

Originally posted by Jet915
MCW is ranked? In U.S. news? I dont remember seeing it there. I'm just wondering cause I have an interview there on March 7th.

Jetson

MCW is ranked in the primary care rankings, not research.

MCW is a great school. It was ranked around 45-50 on the research school US news list last year. Its not on there this year, despite a large increase in research grants this year. Milwaukees a cool town (despite what people think).