anyone interview at stony brook mid march?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geldrop

Crushed Pepper Rules
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have they gotten back to you? I still havn't heard a peep from them. Tried calling and they just say still reviewing applications... Just seems odd that it would take over 2 months.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, I interviewed on March 14, and heard about 6 weeks later. they had told me at the interview that it would take 4-6 weeks. i'm surprised they haven't gotten back to you yet though. maybe they are still sorting things out from may 15 withdrawals...

Guess you got an acceptance? Wonder why its taking so long for me. HRMMMM. Maybe the mail is slow and the rejection has not arrived yet. When did you get your letter? My address is in the city so....

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed March 4th and the dean called last week, so 11 weeks. I don't think they'll mail anything at this point, they had left voicemail at both of my #s and emailed to call them (i guess in case i didn't get the voicemails).

Good luck, hang in there.

yeah, i was lucky enough to get in...let's see, i got the letter right at the end of april i believe, and it was sent to my home on long island. it was postmarked only a few days earlier. and before that i called a bunch of times and they kept saying that i was still under review, so if that's what they told you, it is probably what they are doing, and i really don't think that implies a rejection is coming. and if l.a.liznyc got word 11 weeks after the interview, then i think you still have a strong chance. i have a hunch that they are still getting withdrawals from people who were accepted off waitlists at other schools, so it might be slowing them down.

Good luck!! keep us posted!

Admission Statistics
Average Undergrad GPA (4.0 scale): 3.60
Average MCAT Bio: 11.00
Average MCAT Phys: 11.00
Average MCAT Verbal: 9.00
Average MCAT Essay: P
Acceptance Rate: 10.45

That accurate? Seems like stony brook is pretty tough to get into especially for a state school i am really surprised.

Originally posted by geldrop
Admission Statistics
Average Undergrad GPA (4.0 scale): 3.60
Average MCAT Bio: 11.00
Average MCAT Phys: 11.00
Average MCAT Verbal: 9.00
Average MCAT Essay: P
Acceptance Rate: 10.45

That accurate? Seems like stony brook is pretty tough to get into especially for a state school i am really surprised.

yeah, that seems pretty accurate to me. those are the princeton review stats right? i'm not sure what u.s. news says, but these seem right to me. if i remember, stony brook has the highest average scores for the suny's, i could be wrong though. and they have the smallest class size too.