Anyone interview at Stony Brook yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtoothy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a phone call tonight, asking me to interview in a WEEK! That would make Stony Brook my first interview, so I'm kinda freakin' since it's one of my top choices - anyone been through it and know what it's like?

Anything would help! Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, got a phone call today too...they want me to come next week, but they said I need one more science LOR to complete my application. did you have 3 science professors LOR?

yeah, got a phone call today too...they want me to come next week, but they said I need one more science LOR to complete my application. did you have 3 science professors LOR?

haha wow

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from them yesterday (September 25th, 2008).

Mine is next week as well. They are the 2nd school to invite me for an interview, but the first i will be going to. I can't wait, i would love to attend Stony Brook. :)

I would absolutely LOVE to attend as well, but I have an exam on the same day, so I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

I had a committee packet sent out with all my letters, but I had only 1 science LOR. Maybe it's different for each person?

I would absolutely LOVE to attend as well, but I have an exam on the same day, so I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

I had a committee packet sent out with all my letters, but I had only 1 science LOR. Maybe it's different for each person?

OMG what a coincidence. I have a Biochem exam on that same day also. And i spoke to my professor, he was understanding and told me he will give me a make up exam. :)

I had a committee letter as well, all of the LORs were from Sciences, 2 from Natural Sciences (Organic Chem II & Physics I) and one from my Math Professor (Advanced Calc I)

I got a phone call yesterday as well and will be there October 2nd!!!

Would you guys or gals mind posting up stats? Thanks!

I hope to see you all Thursday. :)

My Stats:
I'm currently a New York State Resident:
3.6 Overall GPA
3.6 Science GPA
3.4 BCP GPA
Major: Mathematics
DAT: AA 20, TS 21, PAT 21

My professor was totally inflexible about it and said I couldn't get a make-up. :(

I guess Stonybrook they are giving out dates when they know everyone has tests because I have one as well, lol. Mine is on Thursday and I have my Columbia interview the next day so it worked out well in terms of me only having to fly up to NY once. My teacher was actually very accomodating even though I have to take the test on the Sunday night after my interview. Apparently my teacher goes in on Sunday nights to prepare for the week so it worked out well. Goodluck to everyone.

My professor was totally inflexible about it and said I couldn't get a make-up. :(