Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Anyone interview at UVA yet?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ermonty, Nov 22, 2002.

1. ermonty

ermonty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I just got the call from UVA. I'm an out-of-stater, so I could really use some info. on this one. What's the interview day like? Where are some good places to stay that are nearby? I trust C'ville has an airport? Any help on this matter would be marvilous!:D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ccCrazie

ccCrazie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm an out of stater who interviewed at uva about 3 weeks ago. I broke the bank and spent $38 for the night at the Super 8 on Rte 29 (actually 390 Greenbrier, but it's just about on the corner of 29), which is the road that you take directly to uva. I don't know if you're driving there from GA, but if you are, it's worth it to save a few bucks and just drive to the school in the morning. They pay for your parking anyway. The interview day is great because you don't have to be there until 11. Then you just have a short presentation until about 11:45, and then go on a tour and have lunch with a couple students. Interviews are then between 1:30 and 3:30, with an optional financial aide session afterwards. There were only about 6 people there when I was there, and I think that's standard. It ends up being a very short day, but I liked the schools a lot. They give you their decisions within two weeks which is definitely nice because at least now I know I'm going somewhere :)

4. ermonty

ermonty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks ccCrazie. Sounds pretty laid back. I just dread the drive! Mapquest said that its gonna be 9 hours, Ughh! :( Oh well, you only interview for Medical school once in your life (hopefully that is!). The program seems to be pretty solid (from what I can ascertain from the website) and the campus seems beautiful, but the out-of-state tuition is steep.

Anybody else got the scoop on this program?